Liar, liar

By skanula414 - 31/12/2014 19:00 - Sweden - Malm?

Today, I found out my 7-year-old daughter really did lie about my husband's "other girlfriend" as revenge for being grounded, and that he never cheated on me at all. We're well into our divorce proceedings and he won't forgive me for not believing him when he denied it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 433
You deserved it 49 752

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Guess if she is like this at 7, I wonder what she's going to be like at 14

1PersonIsMyWorld 22

Comments

Most of the time when a child believes they are the cause for their parents' divorce they're wrong. Then there's this case...

Everyone's saying you're an idiot for believing your daughter over your husband and whilst you could have been more thorough in finding the truth before it got to divorce.....children are known to find things out and know things that people don't want them knowing....

You deserve that, how can you believe a 7 year old? Don't you at least need solid proof to accuse someone of cheating?

Well, I can't blame your husband for not forgiving you. If you've been wrongly accused of something and no one believes you, how does that make you feel? I don't know what kind of marriage you had, but you need to accept that it's over. Your daughter needs to understand that lies can have severe consequences, and you need to understand that children do not always tell the truth. If you didn't actually look into the accusation before serving your husband the divorce papers, then you have as many issues as your kid does. If you did look into it, what did you find? Obviously, as you said, your husband was innocent. So, did you just jump the gun on this? I feel bad for him, not for you or your daughter. Sorry.

I'm pretty sure after this that child is never going to want to lie again. **** everyone's life in your family, but you deserve this. The child does deserve some blame, she does need to learn to take responsibility for her actions but at the end of the day she is still a young child and had no clue it would take things this far. The mother, however, should not have taken this too far without further investigating and talking things out with her husband to try to really get to the bottom of things before heading to divorce.

mattmsk005 8

What are you going to tell your child when they ask "why are you and daddy not together."

That's sad, I hope your child grows up and realized what she's done

My wife was married prior to me and her first had cheated on her. So I cannot begin to tell you how many times I've been falsely accused. I hate being accused of something I did not do, so I understand how OP's husband feels. I also recognize that MOST children at 7 tell the truth.

Yall need to beat dat ass for lying because now look where you are. Try to work it out with your hubby

Sathane 21

Wow. You took a brat 7 year old's word over your husbands with absolutely zero evidence? You don't deserve to be married.