Liar, liar

By skanula414 - 31/12/2014 19:00 - Sweden - Malm?

Today, I found out my 7-year-old daughter really did lie about my husband's "other girlfriend" as revenge for being grounded, and that he never cheated on me at all. We're well into our divorce proceedings and he won't forgive me for not believing him when he denied it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 433
You deserved it 49 752

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Guess if she is like this at 7, I wonder what she's going to be like at 14

1PersonIsMyWorld 22

Comments

I'm really curious as to what the relationship between the daughter and the father is like now. Could you forgive your child for not confessing earlier before it all went bad. This little girl obviously knew that saying something like that would cause a big fight.

inumiko 12

she's 7. around that age is where the plotting, scheming and lying is at its worse, before she becomes a teen that is. you should be ashamed to have believed her over your husband, "proud" though that your daughter is smart enough to fool you into a divorce at such a young age. she's a prodigy I tell you!

Badkarma4u 17

Hanging your marriage on the word of a 7 year old. You totally desrve it. I hope it wasn't his daughter. So he can walk away from both of you. Learn from this and mature.

qsaysha 1

You aren't getting a divorce because of something your seven year old said, she just affirmed what you were thinking. Now you are regretting the impending divorce and putting all the responsibility on the wrong person. Try and remember why you are really divorcing him; don't blame your adult decisions on a child.

sparxva 12

This is an FML for the husband, not for the wife. I'd say it is a straight-up YDI for the wife if the daughter makes up a story and she divorces her husband over it. I sympathize with the husband who doesn't want to forgive her. He doesn't think she has a reasonable level of trust to rebuild a marriage and he wants out. Under the circumstances (divorcing him over a child's lie) I can't say I blame him for not forgiving OP. The only point of contention in the divorce may be who has to keep the 7 year old--that will be an unusual custody dispute.

TheNiceOne 20

Hopefully he forgives you because if he doesn't, your daughter's going to find out, when she grows up, that she really was the reason her parents split up.

HighasaCloud 46

The way you word that he won't forgive you implies that he should, which he definitely shouldn't.

HighasaCloud 46

What in the world does he have to explain?

I'd say that's a great way to get grounded again.