Life hacks for kids

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2010 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my daughter learned that if she rips a toy out of its package in front of a store employee, mommy will be forced to buy it. She now has two new toys today. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 477
You deserved it 11 660

Top comments

And today you need to learn how to discipline your child.

Just pay and leave the toys in the shop. Also punish her for being a brat.

Comments

Congratulations, your bad parenting not only created an annoying child that everyone will despise, but you probably ****** up her morals and ethics for life.

I think you should buy the toy, but she shouldn't even get a look at them. They should go straight to a Goodwill box. You just can't let your kid get away with this.

that's just pathetic. pay for the toy, DON'T GIVE IT TO HER! donate it or something.

YDI. She rips it open, take any pocket money she has. If she doesn't have pocket money, then take any money she gets/has until she pays it off. Give the toys to charity Discipline the heck out of her

Islander_fml 5

Okay, Ms. Mom OP, So you have to buy the toy. That doesn't mean your daughter gets to play with it. If you buy, YOU GET TO KEEP IT. So don't you ******* dare let your daughter touch those toys she ripped out of the package! Also, I'd be in favor of additional punishment. If you don't spank, then do something like no dessert for a week(/month), or going to be early, or extra chores, or something she really won't enjoy. You can make her miserable without getting physical. And mark my words, after a display like that, she DESERVES to be miserable for at least a few days.

DanielleTheOne 3

When i was little i wouldn't have DARED do that to my parents or anyone else who took me shopping, and even if i had tried it on, one way or another, those toys wouldn't be wasted but i wouldn't see them.

It's illegal for the store to force you to pay. Businesses are required to have insurance which covers them against incidental damage such as stock & displays getting damaged. The insurance will recoup the cost of the item if you don't pay for it. You're giving them money for free.