Oh no…

By probably_the_ex_now - 18/08/2009 08:04 - United States

Today, my boyfriend introduced me to his family. They were drinking and having fun, so I joined in. I had one too many, got really goofy, and then suggested the farting game. "Sorry, I can't hold my liquor!" I quickly explained. My boyfriend's mom shot me a cold look and said, "It's non-alcoholic." FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 962
You deserved it 97 553

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YDI for being an idiot even whilst not intoxicated.

this further proves my theory that usually being "drunk" is all in your head.

Comments

kewl92 0

wow. just... wow. what are you like 13? idiot

You've obviously never been drunk before.

madamegabby 1

106 "like" really? THE nonalcohol beer has such a small amount of alcohol in it that u CANT GET DRUNK OFF IT!!! anyway this is so stupid i hate people who think they r drunk when they have not had anything to drink!! they r so lame!

There is enough alcohol in it that you can't buy it if you're under 21.

omgsh really!! um even if they were drinking you want to make a GOOD impression, hopefully you have learned a lesson(:

jakquezz 0

placebo effect i guess, haha

THIS IS NOT THE OP'S FAULT THIS IS A WELL RECOGNISED PHENOMENON CALLED THE PLACEBO EFFECT In a scientific study done a while ago they gave some people flavoured drinks and told them it was alcoholics. Some of the peoples drinks were alcoholic, some were not, but they ALL starting acting weird, falling over etc. This incidentally is the only reason why some people think rubbish like homeopathy helps them. (homeopathy has never ever been proven to work in well set up trials with control groups etc)

Ahem, I repeat: Just wondering: What does the placebo effect have to do with whether she deserved it? She still got much too "drunk" for her first social with her boyfriend's parents and acted stupid, then attempted to lift the blame off her shoulders, when it's only her fault, placebo or not.