Thanks, I guess…

By edible - 20/05/2009 20:01 - United States

Today, I surprised my girlfriend by sending her an Edible Arrangement. When she called to tell me she had gotten it, she was more excited about the cute boy who'd delivered it than she was about the fruit bouquet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 551
You deserved it 4 096

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YDI for getting a company that has cuter delivery guys than you. That's the only possible explanation for someone putting YDI. FYL.

gvschmidt94 0

Sound's like something my ex would do. But this OFFICIALLY allows you to check out other girls :D If she bitches, remind her of this.

Comments

doodles88 0
lmmmr 0

Those things are delicious.

Cittenscollar 0

Haha, that's something I would do to my beau :) But he's okay with it. I suppose it depends on the dynamics of your relationship.

poobear 0

uhhhh you completely deserve it thats possibly the worst gift ever, especially to send your girlfriend. who the hell sends their girlfriend a fruit basket? i would not only talk about the cute delivery guy, but be completely insulted that my boyfriend sent me fruit instead of something more personal

briana83 0

I'm sure she didn't mean anything horrible by it. No worries!

Max_Glycine 0

If it made you feel uncomfortable, talk to her about it. Either way it'll probably keep bugging you, but that way you can make sure she knows that she did something wrong and she'll be more considerate in the future. And to all the people who say it's his fault for getting an Edible Arrangement. It's not like he gave her a fruit bouquet for her birthday, it was just a quick, spur-of-the-moment, thinking-of-you kind of gift. At the very least, he gets extra points in my book for not only being sweet enough to do send his girlfriend a quick, spontaneous gift, but he also came up with something more original than flowers and chocolate. And it's a lot better than the average boyfriend, who wouldn't even send his girlfriend flowers unless it was a special occasion, or maybe wouldn't even on a special occasion.

31, wow, he missed one whole letter... Dude, that sucks. Don't dump her yet... but talk to her.

mehwhateverr 0

People, how about searching images of edible arrangements before calling them fruit baskets? It's not like they went to ****** Safeway, jammed some fruits in a cheap basket and sent it off. It looks expensive (and apparently is expensive) and seems like a thoughtful thing to do. And #5 wasn't actually dishing out a YDI, it was a hypothetical situation. ******* duh. But yeah OP, your gf sounds real unappreciative. Girls are bitches.