Thanks, I think?

By Skimilk - 18/02/2010 02:47 - Australia

Today, I went in to my local cafe for my morning coffee. I was chatting to the barista as she was making it, and I mentioned that I was starting a new diet. She goes, "Oh that's great! I've been sneaking skimmed milk in your coffee for years, I didn't want to say anything…" FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 142
You deserved it 5 887

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

KurouTenshi 0

eat Kurou?! D: don't eat me!! and I LOL @ technologically inclined farmers. :D contradictions make me giggle!!

zippit09 0

It was an interesting website, but about as one-sided as I expected.

geoLa16 0

@ #12: I'm not sure you want to be rubbing one of the dirtiest things possible on yourself. Cash is already pretty damn effortlessly nasty. On a side note, nonfat apparently tastes better when steamed. I used to work as a barista, and one of my regulars always got nonfat for her latte even though she prefers 2% otherwise.

dynky 3

Choosing skim milk over whole doesn't mean you have to follow a low-fat diet. It just means that you're making the responsible choice to get your RDA of fat from healthier sources. The amount of saturated fat that you need to consume daily is ZERO - if your body needs sat fat it can make it from unsaturated fat. The reverse is not true. The main vitamins and minerals found in milk are calcium and b-vitamins: both are water-soluble, not fat-soluble. Thus basic chemistry tells you that skimming the milk does not impair the absorption of these nutrients by the body.

zippit09 0

The difference is, I didn't link any one-sided sites in order to prove anything. Nice strawman though.

Risotto_fml 11

#39: The gallbladder does not make bile. Bile is made by the liver and stored in the gallbladder until it is needed by the small intestine to assist in the digestion of fat. If you're going to try to tout (bad) nutrition information at least learn some basic physiology first, please. Skim milk is more nutrient dense than whole milk. Skim milk contains 2.8mg of calcium per calorie, whereas whole milk contains only 1.6mg of calcium per calorie. Drinking the same amount of both will give you an equal amount of calcium, but whole milk will provide you with far more calories along with the nutrients in it.

zippit09 0

As far as I can see nobody here claimed that sat-fats cause heart disease. The only point where they were even mentioned states that they can be synthesized by the body. Your study does not mention this at all.

volleyballx3 2

hahahahh; #1, clever(: well this FML is pretty funnnny! ahahah(;