That old swticheroo

By Anonymous - 17/01/2012 05:05 - United States

Today, I found out that my boyfriend is a Mormon, when his mother greeted me saying how happy she was her son had found himself a Mormon girlfriend. I know nothing about Mormonism, except from what I've seen on South Park, and I'm an atheist. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 143
You deserved it 6 453

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

chels1994 11

I'm going to be completely honest. I had no idea that this kind of religion even existed... I don't follow religion well, but from the sound of things, I would personally choose to tell them the truth before things escalate

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Having been a non-Mormon stuck living behind the Zion curtain, I can tell you first hand that this is a cult. No two ways about it. I would ask your Bf why his mother thinks you are Mormon. Then do a little research on Mormonism if you plan to stay with this guy. If it ever gets serious enough for marriage, you'll have to convert. (They're always after converts just to expand church roles.) If you don't convert during marriage, they'll eventually get you with their Baptism for the Dead. So if you conscientiously don't wish to be a Mormon in life, they will get you one way or another. Do your research online, not on South Park or Big Love. That has been cleaned up for tv. And btw, good luck because these are about the weirdest people I've ever had the misfortune of getting to know.

I'm sorry for your experiences but if you are trying to tell someone to go do their own research, you should keep your own opinion based on whatever personal experience youve had out of the post. As for Zion curtain, I would hope that is not some iron curtain comparison since that would be far from The truth. Then again, your post is as inaccurate as the resources you told OP to not rely on.

Tell his parents the truth! Trust me, it's best for both of you, and it's really wrong of your boyfriend to lie like that, and he deserves the embarrassment when you say the truth.

There is only name under heaven by which men can be saved; David Hasselhoff. All other ground is sinking sand.

hartrum 0

Dum Dum Dum Dum Dum from south park