By Ruinedchristmas - 28/11/2014 18:07 - United States - Wrightsville

Today, I came home after doing some Black Friday shopping for Christmas presents. I told my husband I got the must-have toy our daughter has been dying for. As soon as I said it, I heard squealing and turned around to see her standing right behind me. There goes the surprise. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 577
You deserved it 13 911

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well it's still okay to wrap it up and hide it until Christmas. I'm sure she is happy to have a family that loves her and gets her what she wants at times .

Comments

Oh well, you did your best and that's what counts:) your daughter will be super happy!

now you got a daughter whose excitement goes until Christmas... 28 days to go...

Yeah I think YDI, only because you could've made sure your daughter wasn't within earshot before saying something like that.

Maybe it's just me but I kind of assumed the kid was supposed to be in bed. The fact that the mom was doing Black Friday shopping makes it sound like she was there late at night (either after she got home from work or when her husband got home after work to watch the kids), the fact that she said this to her husband and totally wasn't expecting her to be around, heard the squeal from behind her...all those things are minor but it sounds to me like the kid was supposed to be in bed. I find it hard to believe that Op would just walk in and tell her husband as soon as she saw him without checking to see where the kid was. Makes more sense that the kid was supposed to be in bed already asleep.

Shadowinthesun 15

Do a plot twist and not put it under the tree.

juststephhere 23

As long as she didn't see it'll still be a surprise! You never know, she might forget what she wanted in the first place!

foxmatrix15 8
PSYqualiac 17

In theory, Black Friday and Cyber Monday were meant for the poorer people as a way for them to (originally) save lots of money to participate in the over-commercialised holiday we call Christmas. As a result, your comments saying it's a rich people problem is as ignorant as you can get.

its OK my present came in the mail the day after she ordered it when it wasn't supposed to come for another week