By Anonymous - 02/08/2010 05:05 - United States

Today, I finally finished painting a house that took me 3 weeks to complete at 10 hours a day, including weekends, due to my dedication to perfection. When I went to meet with the homeowner for pay day, which was supposed to be $2000, he gave me $200, 5 tacos and then told me to "get the f*** off my lawn." FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 896
You deserved it 5 494

Same thing different taste

Top comments

throw the tacos at the wall u painted and ask for the money ur supposed to get!

I can't wait to see this on Judge Judy.

Comments

rebelstargazer97 0

wasn't there a contract that said you were supposed to get $2000?? if there wasn't, it's your own fault!!

I really hope you had a contract. You can sue him.

tboudre 0

YDI for being in this country illegally. eat your tacos & go back to Mexico! or YDI for trying to compete with illegals for jobs.

TheDrifter 23

No I believe the racist in the story would be the homeowner who paid in tacos instead of cash. If op is illegal ( as seems likely ) then even with a contract he doesn't have a legal leg to stand on. Any contract involving the commission of a criminal act is NOT legally binding.

if that's really true you can take him to small claims court and you'll easily get your money he owes

EvilDave 13

You deserve it for working under the table, not using a contract, and not getting partial payment up front and at stages of completion.

birds_fml 7

In some places verbal contracts are legally binding, and you can sue him. If you got a written contract, you definitely should. At the very least, you should know what the guy's car looks like, and when he won't be home, and come by and "fix" the work you did with pink paint or some such. And there's always the bleach on the lawn trick, which this guy definitely deserves. Late at night of course, pour bleach on his lawn and write out **** YOU or some such. :) I don't usually condone vandalism, but in this case, the guy has it coming. You don't screw over the people who worked hard for you, and know where you live.

I_have_no_clue 0

At least he didn't pay you in gum.

graphicstyle7 17

Ummmm, sweetie, this is why we have a thing called A CONTRACT when we work for people. Learn from this.

No payment + no contract = oh well......now you get ballons full of black paint splatered all over your nice fresh house paint...oops!!! did I do that? **** your tacos!!! I spent my 200.00 on ballons full of black paint!!!