By italy1986 - 13/04/2009 19:41 - United States

Today, I got 20% tints on my car. As I'm driving home, a cop pulls me over. I didn't want to ruin my new tint by opening my window, so I opened my door as the cop approached. He then pulled out his gun and yelled "GET ON THE FUCKING GROUND!" before I could explain. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 598
You deserved it 58 289

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ahahaa. Dude, they get scared if you do that. LOL cop fail!

Dude, don't open the door unless the cop asks you to. YDI.

Comments

vwinwv 0

- had the same thing happen, only i was told to PUT MY HANDS ON THE WHEEL.

sinbadmac 0

93 is correct 20% on the front windows is illegal in every state except New Mexico. @ 109 Texas is 25% for the front windows. Since it common to get the back windows darker than the front and the OP doesn't really say it's possible he got 20% in the back and something lighter in the front. I drove had a work van for a while that had a broken driver window and got pulled over twice in it without problems. I would just barely open the door so the cop could see that I was opening the door instead of the window, but I left barley open until he told me to open it that way it was clear I was no threat. BTW I had 5% in the back and 20% in the front cops didn't seem to trip, but I probly just got lucky. Chances are YDI, cops usually dont pull guns unless they feel threatened, unless he was rookie and still jumpy.

Both my parents are cops & I'm a senior in college applying to be a cop @ our local PD. The reason the cop freaked is because they don't think in probabilities, they think in possibilities. Really, it is that simple. A lot of people don't understand, but it makes sense when you've got a target on your back for being in uniform. He shouldn't have cursed at you, but I'm betting that had to do with the reason you were pulled over. Adrenaline is a bitch. And cops are suspicious of tinting b/c they can't see what is going on in your car if they have to walk up on it. Who knows if someone in the back seat has a gun?

#159 is right. You'd be surprised as to how scary it can sometimes be for a cop to walk up to someones window. there have been quite a few times where a police officer knocked on a persons window, and he gets blown away by a cannon he's hiding in his door compartments or under the seat or something. That's why they always want to see your hands during the entire time they have you pulled over. It's dangerous to be a cop these days, alot of people don't realize that.

macfluffers 0

It's hard to say if this is your fault. I mean, yeah, it was a misunderstanding, but then again, the cop was following protocol. Maybe from now on you should spend your money on fewer luxuries and more productive things just to make everything simpler. :/

Totally your fault. Officers are trained to react quickly, and appropriately. He made you get down, he did not shoot you. That's an appropriate reaction on his part.

A cop said "*******"? I doubt that's regular protocol.

weeeezy 0

#12- 20% is under the legal limit, it's not dark, and also whoever said why didn't you just roll down the window, you aren't suppose to for a certain amount of time.