By Anonymous - 26/03/2009 07:06 - United States

Today, I got back from a 6 month deployment overseas. My girlfriend of 3 years couldn't pick me up from the airport because she had an intramural softball game to go to. FML
I agree, your life sucks 81 453
You deserved it 6 337

Same thing different taste

Top comments

notfromearth7 0

Aw...that sucks. But at the same time, good to see you got back safely soldier *salutes*

lolyouareanidiot 0

lol, at #3. No one takes intramural sports seriously. Certainly no one considers it a responsibility to play intramural sports where half the people show up drunk. This was a burn big time. You should take as much offense to this as possible.

Comments

happygoluckyhh 0

Maybe the softball game was important to her. Get over it.

veliki 0

Your girlfriend of three years is cheating on you. Man up soldier.

that sucks man. thank you for serving though.

Dear overly sensitive soldier, I regret to inform you that you GF of three years is NOT in love with you. YOU

That sucks, but I don't think this is that FML worthy. I know some people in Japan do find sports to be really important. Also, how do you know if it wasn't an important game of her little brother or something? I feel like this isn't very specific, I mean unless it was to meet other men or something, this shouldn't be that big a deal. Also where you were deployed matters too. As far as I am aware of, Japan has pretty good relations with most countries, their biggest problems are with China & N. & S. Korea. Slightly off topic but I heard there was a cruise liner for some "charity" in Japan last year I think and they commented on how Japanese soldiers should stay in Japan, but they should be allowed to bring a few for their protection (their charity was something controversial) for their cruise around the world. oTL Also if it was in Korea, I feel for you man, there are a lot of nationalistic people there that are hostile to Japan.

do you know what intramural games are? their is no such thing as an imprtant intramural softball game. and where he was deployed has absolutely no relevance to the situation at all.

allergic_2_broke 0

that totally happened to me as well... i spent 12 months in afghanistan (minus the mid tour EML) and when i arrived back stateside, my wife didn't pick me up because she didn't want to take the night off work (or clock out early). i had to hitch a ride from one of my soldiers.

has any one noticed he's from japan not America