By Anonymous - 26/03/2009 07:06 - United States

Today, I got back from a 6 month deployment overseas. My girlfriend of 3 years couldn't pick me up from the airport because she had an intramural softball game to go to. FML
I agree, your life sucks 81 453
You deserved it 6 337

Same thing different taste

Top comments

notfromearth7 0

Aw...that sucks. But at the same time, good to see you got back safely soldier *salutes*

lolyouareanidiot 0

lol, at #3. No one takes intramural sports seriously. Certainly no one considers it a responsibility to play intramural sports where half the people show up drunk. This was a burn big time. You should take as much offense to this as possible.

Comments

wiggleworm 0

#34... uhhh people who are deployed DON'T GET A RETURN DATE TILL ABOUT A WEEK BEFORE THEY RETURN. And they're not allowed to tell people over the phone, it's not a secure network. Both time my husbands been deployed I didn't find out till a little over a week before he was going to be back. He can't tell her 6 months in advance you idiot, you don't even know when you'll be back. Yes they say 6 months, but that doesn't mean they give you an exact date. If you're going to try talking about stuff that has to do with the military actually get the facts straight, please. Anyways, thank you for your service and all that you do.

dk_fml 0

Well, that's bullshit. Not sure she deserves to be your girlfriend!

i hope you aren't with her now. thats so rude!

cisdroid87 0

#11 is a retard that deserves to be dropped in Afghanistan where they are preceded to be captured and killed by Al-Quida. Maybe they might have an epiphany the last minute or two of their life then! #29 has the right idea, and I respect all of their comments (I saw you posted a lot of replies throughout this) And lastly, I salute the original author of this FML, for his service to this nation!

joeddamage1 0

To all those who said he deserved this, **** YOU. He goes over and serves his country and his (sorry if this offends you) ***** ass girl friend can't even pick him up from the airport? Thats how she repays him for being willing to die to protect weaker individuals such as herself? It sounds to me like Jodie's gotten ahold of her... Any way thank you for your service, sir, and don't be afraid to move on. Some people just aren't worth it. It may not seem like a big deal to some people but I've had many friends in the military (2 marines 4 army) and I know that they already feel like the worlds moving on without them enough, last thing they need is there lovers not having enough time for them when they first get back into the world. Especially for a game in which only dykes play.

I think you come first since your a soldier. Not to be harsh, but you might not have come home. She should have been exstatic to have seen you! :( Thanks for your service!

YDI for joining the army. She's probably banging someone else too. I know I would.

Also, LOL at the idiots saluting. Where I come from you'd get laughed at and run out of town. A killer's a killer, no matter who their employers are. It's high time you cleared your head of all the jingoistic nonsense and saw the world for how it is. When someone guns down an entire village it makes no difference who's paying them to do it, whether it's your government or my government or someone else's government. Murder is murder and wrong is wrong.

infantrygirl 0

#131 & 132. You're a jackass and an idiot, plain and simple.

LostInTheseLies 0

I have no sympathy for you. She probably thought that she hadn't seen you all this time, she could see you in a few hours. Besides, it was just a car ride home. Oh, and #12, your an asshole.