By Anonymous - 18/11/2012 00:41 - United States - Grand Junction

Today, I had to take my little brother to the pool. He acted like a brat the whole time, and when I told him we were leaving, he ran away, slipped, and hit his face on the tile floor. He told my dad and step-mom I punched him. They believed him, and I'm grounded for two months. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 555
You deserved it 2 022

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm sorry you had to deal with that, OP. It's not your responsibility to parent him. And it sounds like your parents aren't very dedicated to the task either.

Comments

If that were me? It would take all the strength in my being-- to not punch my little brother and make his lie, true. However, I do find it odd that your parents would take your "bratty" brother's word over yours and give such a steep punishment. Are you known to hit and lie?

I was never known to hit and lie and this kind of thing happened to me a lot. It was usually because the younger ones, I my parents eyes, were all "sweet and innocent", hence why they got away with everything and I got the blame for hurting them when they hurt themselves. It's not all that uncommon.

Awe. . . You know, I can kinda see that happening. I'm the youngest of three and I would always fake cry to purposely get my sisters in trouble. HOWEVER, they really weren't nice to me. Maybe I deserved their bad treatment. I was really a brat when I was younger. :P

The joy of being an older siblung. I remember myself being blamed for everything even though I wasn't there when it happened.

applexj 13

But he would get in more trouble resulting in a bigger punishment

Next time he's acting like a brat really punch him! You will get grounded for that either way, apparently.

elizabeth85 3

Who is crazy enough to wanna go swimming when it is getting colder outside

mizuki123 8

I went swimming in a river in nov. Once, it was cold and when I got out I didn't have a towl and rode in a back of a vehicle with wind. Call me "crazy" but it was fun:)

BTS_fml 4

i do understand you i am the older one in family and if something goes wrong when parents are not home it has no matter it is my faukt or not, i am the one who`s getting grounded

it doesn't have to be like that! I have a younger brother and when we were kids I was the one giving him the blame for everything. Both of you can play this game!

if that's the case, then punch the little ******! at least get in trouble in a legit way. also, the brat will learn a lesson about slander and lying.

The horror of younger siblings, parents will always believe them over the older one, and if something went wrong, guess who has to be the responsible/matur one?

If your gonna get blamed for something you didn't do you might as well do it, go snot the little brat or better yet break some of your parents stuff and leave evidence that it was your brother so then he gets in trouble for it and you get some well deserved revenge on both your parents and your bratty brother.