By life sucks - 20/05/2010 05:12 - United States

Today, I learned my boyfriend has another girlfriend. His excuse is he's bipolar and each of his personalities needs a girlfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 782
You deserved it 5 081

Same thing different taste

Top comments

oh wow... he could've at least said he had a multiple personality disorder... doesn't bipolar deal with your moods? I could be wrong here though...

But the point is, they are both still Jake. Just two sides of the same coin. If it was someone with DID, then there wouldbe Jake, Ben, Vlad, Mary, etc. Depends on how many personalities there are. The OP's bf (hopefully ex) is an idiot. Period.

Comments

Too bad bipolar disorder doesn't give you another personality.... In short it just makes you really moody. I mean there's more to it than mood swings but that's the main symptom. You might want to tell him to research his mental disorders before using them as an excuse for doing something wrong.

terror_twins 0

Your boyfriend is an idiot. He tried to blame a disorder that doesn't even cause a person to have multiple personalities. hahaha.

Bi-polar means you have bouts of mania followed with depression. Disassociative identity disorder = multiple personalities. What a dumbass.

awesome this is such a great post. anything that makes me feel better about my life works.

smattoliver 0

how many other "personalities" does he have?

Been there. ******* bipolar losers.

lol...bipolar has nothing to do with this guy...I'm bipolar. I'm also not a loser and would never cheat on anyone.

Warlord708 0

Hey... I'm bipolar mate, we are nothing like this guy. The guy in this FML is an idiot who thinks MPD and Bipolar are the same thing, but they aren't at all. Bipolar people are always aware, while people with MPD have been known to memory blank and each personality is pretty much a whole other person. They aren't even aware of eachother except in rare cases...

chaosxgoddess 0

Bipolar is a mood disorder. They are characterized by periods of extreme or prolonged depression or mania or even both. Someone with a personality disorder can be inflexible, maladaptive pattern of inner experience and behavior. In simpler terms it's like a hole new person. They can have a few different personalities in one person. They can be a different age, gender, and even come from another country. Most times the host has no idea of the other personalities but the personalities know about each other. Watch the movie Sybil.

clearly he's a tool. bipolar people do not have multiple personalities

hahaha whatttt?! soo did you forgive him? hahaha