By PookaKay02 - 20/09/2011 04:26 - United States

Today, I realize that my boyfriend's breath quite literally smells like a sewer. It wouldn't be so bad, except that he tries to kiss me about every ten minutes, and I have to hold my breath. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 032
You deserved it 8 629

Same thing different taste

Top comments

saIty 17

Just before he tries to get smoochy, pop 10 mints in your mouth. Then as you engage contact spit them all in his mouth.

perdix 29

Get a job at the local wastewater treatment plant so you can be around the smell of raw sewage all day. You'll get accustomed to it and your boyfriend's mouth will just taste like work. Or get a new boyfriend.

Comments

Hand him some gum. Or if that fails, mouthwash.

hotPinklipstick 24

44- If its a disease in the gums a dentist would be best to see, but some cases of bad breath are caused by the stomach (i.e. stomache ulcers) so yes, in that case, a doctor would be best to see. That being said he would need to see a dentist first to determine whether it's a disease caused by his gums, if not he should see a doctor and get a prescription to help with said problem.

jobsman99 0

Tell him. And if he is on the atkins diet that will cause very bad breath.

I dated a guy like that... Apparently he was born with it.

^ true, but generally if a dentist finds something like that in your mouth, they tell you to see a doctor anyway. Maybe it's just best to see both.

lmaoatall 6

My dad use to tell me and my brother we had the breath of a thousand camel asses. Ahh.. Good ol childhood memories.

So why don't you SAY SOMETHING to him? I mean, I get it sucks and it's not a nice thing to have to say to somebody, but seriously, if you can't talk about uncomfortable topics with him, why are you dating him? It amazes me how many people don't just talk things over with their bf/gf. I'd much rather someone was honest with me if there was a problem, than not tell me and pretend everything was great.

But you need to do something. It gets worse the longer you wait.

Wow. That wow. Well what I can suggest is start eating strong mints and make it seem like a new habit your doing so he doesn't suspect. so everytime he comes in for a kiss. Slip it into his mouth. Eventually he'll get the hint lol That's what one of my friends did with her boyfriend and wow was it hard to have a conversation with that guy with every word punching you in the face lol

stacianichole 2

One would start with a dentist. If a dentist can't determine the cause of halitosis, then seeing a physician would be the next step.