By extremereviews - 16/08/2015 22:14 - United States - Fort Worth

Today, I realized how cheap I am when I blacked out at a water park and some one yelled "Call 911!" I tried to mutter out "No, that's too expensive!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 012
You deserved it 14 845

extremereviews tells us more.

Hello everyone! Yes I do have insurance, but the last time a friend of mine needed an ambulance the bill was still over $1500 after insurance. Also yes, in America you do have to pay when you go to the hospital. Luckily the water park just so happened to be built directly next to a fire station, so they just wheeled me over there and treated me on site. I was very dehydrated, and when I blacked out I was actually in line to get a water from the concession stand but I had been waiting in line for over 30 minutes in the heat which didn't help.

Top comments

'You'll have to pry my wallet from my cold, dead hands!'

Comments

That happens surprisingly often people always tell us to go away because they can't afford it. But gotta be careful sometimes a simple check up can save you a lot more money later.

chrisbeaudoin 26

Can't say i wouldn't do the same.

my sister got a bill just from sitting inside an ambulance. It really is rediculous how much it costs.

So you'll spend money to go to a water park but not for health insurance or a ride in an ambulance....

shit_fer_luck 8

You can pay for insurance, but that doesn't help you if your deductible hasn't been met for the year. Insurance isn't this magical thing that makes medical bills go away. I'm convinced that insurance and medical care is part of some kind of elaborate scheme to screw your average American citizen over. For example, a urine pregnancy test in a pharmacy costs maybe $20 for a multipack. Taking the same test in the ER because of acute abdominal pain can cost $170. The hospitals charge outrageous prices for things because historically insurance companies will pay for it. Depending on your insurance plan, you may have a high deductible combined with a percentage of coverage once the deductible is met. So, for something simple that shouldn't cost more than $500-1000 to treat may get billed for $5000. You do the math. **** all of our lives, man.

If you read the follow up it would explain that yes I do have insurance

If you hadn't spent money to get into that water park and stayed home. You wouldn't have blacked out, assuming it was from the sun. Apparently you aren't cheap enough.

Jethco 15

An ambulance is about $1,500. If it's not life or death I wouldn't call'em either. I'm with you.

That says more about our healthcare system than you.