By FML - 05/01/2012 15:56 - United States

Today, I received a ticket for not having my headlights on. The cop who pulled me over had a broken headlight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 831
You deserved it 4 958

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mwrc8man94 1

And cops also go 80 down the road at night without their sirens on. Cops do dangerous and illegal things all the time on the road and since they enforce the laws, no one can stop them. I feel your pain OP

cyK0tek 0

I AM ABOVE THE LAAWW!! **re-gels hair**

Comments

tnabors010 0

Maybe he was just on a call to save a baby from a crazy mom and the mom backed into his headlight with her car. It could have been anything I'm just giving you an example. Cops are mostly good. You never know.

ikickgingers 15
IronMaiden45 0

Their cops they can do anything they want. What happened to everyone is equal?

Hah.. Thats pretty hypocritical, I would have been like.. Okay, and times are apparently rough, look at your cruiser bud..

There is also a difference in being a dumbass and having them off in the dark, and having a broken one. He might be going to get it fixed soon.

emmy994 3

fight it. a cop cant give you a ticket if their headlight is out

drut27 4
CAJustise 9

Tell them in court. They can look up the maintenance record for that vehicle and see when his light was fixed. And because his was out you will not be held accountable for the ticket.

Do two wrongs make a right? Were you not still breaking the law?

Why didn't you have your headlights on...?

Happens a lot. My friends who drives me everywhere always forgets

perdix 29

The exact same thing happened to me when I was 16 and on one of my first solo drives ever. I almost peed my pants out of fear when I told the cop that his light was busted. He let me off with a warning and that's the last time I ever beat a ticket.