By Mack - 31/08/2009 04:06 - United States

Today, I rented a drill to a straight-up valley girl, with the speech affect, Von Dutch patrol cap and all. I tried to disabuse of her of the idea that aluminum is a form of steel. Apparently, that constitutes being a smartass, so she threw her change at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 610
You deserved it 8 406

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow, I enjoy how, in your haste to make yourself sound intellectually superior to the Valley girl, you totally screwed up what you were trying to say. And, seriously, if getting change thrown at you after completely insulting and likely belittling/mocking a customer to her face is traumatic enough for you to say FML, then you are surely living a charmed life. YDI for SURE!

IOwnedYou 0

Didn`t follow a word he said, can someone explain?

Comments

mushrooms_fml 0

You deserved it, let her buy what she wants. And no way, she threw her change at you? You poor thing. Your life must be ruined. **** your life indeed.

Most rental companies have safety standards they need to follow. One of them is making sure people have the right equipment for the job, otherwise they get injured and (if in America) sue the company!

ihatestupidppl 0

Sorry, I had to comment, because the phrase "not all americans are sue-happy" made me lol. What part of America do you live in? I'm an American too, and i have no prob

ihatestupidppl 0

(This is sort of a double post, it cut my comment off...wtf is wrong with FML lately?) Sorry, I had to comment, because the phrase "not all americans are sue-happy" made me lol. What part of America do you live in? I'm an American too, and i have no problem admitting this country is full of idiots who LOVE to abuse the legal system. A man in Michigan sues a store because an employee shot him...while he was ROBBING THEM AT KNIFEPOINT. A man sues Lodi, California because a vehicle owned by the city backed into his truck. Guess who was driving the city-owned vehicle? Yep, the very same man doing the suing. A former Manhattan lawyer who pleaded guilty to statutory rape sues American Express for giving police credit card information that led to his capture. Various people sue various companies (McDonalds, Pirates Booty, etc) because eating their food made them fat. (Not, you know, their lack of self control). I'd keep listing them, but this comment would go on forever. I love my country as much as anyone, but I can also call a spade a spade.

nightwing2 3

She could use the drill, find it bad and sue him. Even after he warned her so either ways he's in trouble.

Sigh. People like this should be wiped from the gene pool.

Be happy that she gave you a tip. It was just you snotty-ass attitude that got it thrown at you, because you could explain that she was almost right in that they are both metals. YDI for not wearing your cool Period Table of the Elements T-shirt at all times. You could have had her playing with your chest pointing out where aluminum (American spelling), iron and carbon are. Then, after a few drinks, you could have introduced her to the trans-uranium elements, heh-heh-heh. Way to go, Einsteinium!

What is up with this comment board? The comments randomly rearrange themselves or disappear.

Oh good, it's not just me then! It's late here and I thought it might be my eyes playing tricks.

Haha I know, I was confused at first but I refreshed the page three or four times, and it kept changing.

this is pretty douchey and pretentious sounding to be so anticlimactic.

WTF im confused, ur a douche, she should of hit u not just throw some coins at u!

...she threw her change at you? OH MY GOD wow. i'm amazed u made it out alive to write this incredibly gripping, exciting and hilarious FML. you might wanna try mylifeisaverage.com in future for these awesome storys of mediocrity. FYL for being ******* boring.

Aluminum isn't a steel, it's a metal.

Wow. Who the **** still wears Von Dutch hats? Kill her and then yourself please.

this confuses me. anddd threw her change at you? like..coin change? if so, I don't understand how this is an fml. :/