By j0hn - 23/02/2009 02:35 - United States

Today, I saw my mom sneaking meat into her spaghetti sauce. She told me she sneaks meat into most of the food she cooks. I've been a vegetarian for 8 years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 011
You deserved it 17 523

Same thing different taste

Top comments

curious_missy 1

or at least you thought you were a vegetarian...I mean you gotta admit your mom's food has been pretty great throughout these 8 years! lol

I'm no vegetarian, probably never will be, but I do respect everybody who is one. If they do not eat meat, that's their choice. More meat for me. They'll have to accept that I do eat meat. Maybe even right next to them. It sucks your mom is being so cruel to you. The least she could do is tell you so you can choose to eat it or make your own dinner.

Comments

Ugh, vegetarianism is idiotic. I hate how Vegetarians think they are sooo much better than everyone else. I like my meat medium well and tasty! ahhh so good! I hope all you vegetarians are pro-life......

That's so unfair. I suggest you don't eat anything she cooks again. I hope you can cook.

@26 - Geez...generalise much? I could say all meat-eaters think they're better than vegetarians based on your statement, but that would be stupid, wouldn't it? The poster probably didn't notice the meat because they'd been eating bits of meat consistently and thus hadn't been given a chance to get used to the taste of food -without- meat. But yes...it sucks that she doesn't respect your decisions. People who think they know better than everyone and impose their beliefs on others are selfish and arrogant, whether they are vegetarian or not. (As a side note - As others have mentioned, cooking for yourself would be a good solution in this situation...)

I'm no vegetarian, probably never will be, but I do respect everybody who is one. If they do not eat meat, that's their choice. More meat for me. They'll have to accept that I do eat meat. Maybe even right next to them. It sucks your mom is being so cruel to you. The least she could do is tell you so you can choose to eat it or make your own dinner.

KatieWagnerFab 0

Thats what you get for being a vegan! I mean how old are you? Cook for your own damn self instead of waiting for Mommy. You probably make your cats and dogs be vegan.

hayleyyy 0

That's what you get for basically starving yourself. *shrug*

I've been a vegetarian for 8 years, (since I was 10) and I always watched as my mom cooked so this wouldn't happen, lol. Since around 10, I've always made my own food. And not all vegetarians think they're superior to others. I don't force people around me to be a vegetarian, I don't go around shouting PETA b.s., I'd just rather not eat it because I start thinking "I'm eating a muscle, the same as in my body..." etc. That's why I switched. But I hate it when non-vegetarian friend try sticking meat in your face (literally) and try to make you eat it -.- But i must say j0hn... FYL

i'll never understand why people have such a negative view on vegetarianism/veganism. IT DOESN'T AFFECT YOU. i have never, EVER, tried pushing my veganism on anyone else, and i never will. and, for the record, everyone saying "well, you're unhealthy!" or "at least you got some protein!", if you're smart about being vegetarian/vegan, (note IF YOU'RE SMART), you can be extremely healthy. my doctor said that i'm in absolutely tip-top shape and i've been vegetarian for 6 years (vegan for 3). if you're going to bash a vegetarian, at least don't generalize, because that makes you sound even more idiotic. to OP, as most others have said, either talk to your mom about this or just cook for yourself. for a while, my mom would joke around about putting meat in my food, so i cooked for myself (as i would have done anyway, there's no reason i should expect my mother to go through trouble of cooking just because i want to eat a different diet) for a while. she then realized it wasn't as hard as she thought it was at first and cooks me food every now and then (i still watch her, just to make sure, though!).

The problem isn't vegetarianism, it's the masses of uptight people who act so superior because they choose to ingest different things. You seem like one of the more quiet ones, who is intelligent and respect other people's opinions enough to not shove your opinions down our throats.

I also appreciate this, but you should know that people tend to have hostility towards vegetarians/vegans because a lot of them shout things about how inhumane it is to eat animals. you don't eat meat, great. I do. so leave me out of it.

iwantpizza69 0

#43....as humans, we have the right to choose what we believe is ethical. you are ignorant. regarding the post, i'd have to say, i wouldn't respect my mother as much if she did that to me. My mom does not like that i'm a vegetarian, but she still gets food that she knows i can eat. ask your mother if she has ever heard of the word "supportive."

Ethical is the wrong word. It should be moral. Ethics are things a society, community or country believes to be right or wrong. Morals are what YOU think is right or wrong. Just saying. But I agree. It's the person's choice to make, not the parents'.

"I've been a vegetarian for 8 years." No you haven't.

CammyGal 26