By jezusflowers - 07/05/2009 02:26 - United States

Today, I stopped at a red light. I noticed the car in front of me had their reverse lights on. I thought to myself, "Meh, that person must know. They wouldn't do that." The light turned green. Turns out they didn't. Nor did they have insurance. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 915
You deserved it 5 118

Same thing different taste

Top comments

HelloSeattle 0

Holy shit man, someone needs to go back to driving school.

fuckmyl1f333 0

Damn that sucks...the first time i ever drove i did that in a residential neighborhood except i was the one in reverse....and the car behind me was a brand new Mercedes SL55. He pulled up very close behind me cus he was very impatient. I floored it...how i didnt hit him i dont know, i guess i must have spidy reflexes, but i came to a stop about 5 inches away from him.

Comments

#5 it varies by state. I know MA and NJ have compulsory insurance laws, I'm not sure which others do. OP might not even be from the US.

I guess they thought they had put it in neutral while at the light? Still, too bad for you and the other driver.

#33 haha i did, didn't i way to catch that

Ibeapirate 0

They're more screwed than you are. Pretty sure driving without insurance is very, very illegal. Still, that sucks for you. I had a similar experience with a car with no insurance AND no rearview mirror. They didn't even look behind them when they backed up. I'm fairly certain that 90% of the people in my area have no clue how to drive.

deaditegirl 0

That sucks. There need to be more stringent requirements for getting drivers licenses. People are idiots.

#5 & 18) Not all states require insurance, so it is not necessarily illegal or the sign of a stolen car to not have insurance. Sounds like you were jumping to conclusions - especially #18. This does suck though, but your insurance will cover it and it won't be a problem (hopefully) since it wasn't your fault.

alexgisforme3 0

what a stupid ******* driver that dude was lol did you get mad haha

Wow that sucks that they'll be paying a lot out of pocket to get your car fixed!

#8, Alabama is a no fault state. Check your facts. in regards to the post, probably happens daily, sorry for your tough luck. Should teach you and others, not to get as close as possible behind someone, just in case they forget. I've seen it happen around my university at least five times.