By Jebus - 07/06/2009 20:46 - United States

Today, I walked to Starbucks. On the way a homeless guy asked me for change and I lied and said I had no money. On my way back, Strawberry Frappuccino in hand, the same guy recognized me. He followed me for 3 blocks, swearing and yelling at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 137
You deserved it 60 993

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you're not obliged to give your money to a bum anyway!

Haha. This happened to me once, just keep on walking and drop a couple of quarters to keep him occupied while you make an escape.

Comments

Wow that bum is an asshole. You have no obligation to give a lazy asshole money he doesn't deserve.

MajorTom85 0

That sucks. You don't deserve to have some jerk follow you. Who cares if you lied, it's your money and you can do with it what you want. That includes spending it on starbucks and not giving it to bums.

that stinks, but you should always give them money because even though they might not spend it on the right thing, if you give to many different people it is bound to be that one person buys food or water

That's why you never give them money. He is not entitled to your money. If you feel bad then buy him a couple of cheap hamburgers, if he only wants money then he is most likely spending it on drugs.

a) How'd he know you didn't pay with a debit or credit card, or even a Starbucks gift card? b) You should've told him "You know, dude, regardless of how I might've felt before, hurling abuse at me is really not selling me on the whole 'giving you money' thing."

JimboEdo 0

Kung-Fu his ass! No but seriously I hate when that happens, it happens to me all the time in Philly...Well the bum asking me for money part not the phsyco bum going ape shit part.

#147: you only heard the pity-fest stories, didn't you? The "please help the poor homeless people because they're starving" documentaries/campaigns? Wake up please. Near where I go to school, there's a homeless shelter, so I sometimes encounter homeless people asking me for change because they can get a warm meal there for 2 euros per day. If I offer such a man my 4 freshly made sandwiches (I'm often not hungry around lunch so I either eat them later or eat them that evening), they ALWAYS decline. If they're really starving that badly, then why do they only accept cash and don't want actual, already prepared food? Also, a friend of mine used to work in an office in the city hall, where homeless people can get 50 euros a month, so they can at least buy food (they can always get free drinking water from the drinking fountains everywhere). I can't count the stories he's told about homeless people asking for wages of 2 months in advance because they're out of drugs/alcohol/cigarettes. How he often got threatened physically because he was simply not allowed to give them that. I still offer my sandwiches whenever a bum asks me for money and I still get turned down everytime. When I ask them why they will take money for a meal, but won't take a meal itself, they get mad. I guess that says enough.

jackinthebox7865 0

that was mean you should have just said im going into starbucks, i do not have any change right now but when i get out if i have any change i might be able to give you a few coins instead of lying to him, i mean im sure he would have appreciated anything from a few pennies to a 50 cents or something

LOL #16.. what a retard.. he suggested another lie after the criticizing lying? what an idiot. and i Hate people like that, they think they own the world and get whatever they want. thats probably how he got to be a bum neway. **** himm. shlda just held out ur wallet and show him some notes n when he comes tell him to **** off n start running :D