By Jebus - 07/06/2009 20:46 - United States

Today, I walked to Starbucks. On the way a homeless guy asked me for change and I lied and said I had no money. On my way back, Strawberry Frappuccino in hand, the same guy recognized me. He followed me for 3 blocks, swearing and yelling at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 137
You deserved it 60 993

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you're not obliged to give your money to a bum anyway!

Haha. This happened to me once, just keep on walking and drop a couple of quarters to keep him occupied while you make an escape.

Comments

I don't get why so many people are saying YDI, and should have found something to give, cause no one (at least not anyone who frequents a major city) gives to every single decent homeless guy.

you coulda just sed you bought it on credit, or debit... O.o

IronysMe 0

i agree that buying him a frapp or food or something woulda been nice, however, the yelling was deserved because strawberry frappacinos are LAME

UGADawg08 1

If this FML proves one thing, it's that this website is full of sickening bleeding-heart pinko trash that doesn't believe you should have the right to keep the money you earned. No wonder that incompetent Marxist piece of garbage is in the White House right now.

Anyone on here that says you should have given him money is an idiot. You're not obligated to give your hard earned money away to some homeless douche who feels the need to harass you for change instead of getting a job.

I'm not going to pass specific judgment on this one particular incident, but I would like to say one thing. We live in such a judgmental society, which is something that saddens me. I am not an authority to say that he wasn't going to spend it on drugs and alcohol, nor am I one to say that he was, but I do believe that people should not say such rude things, applied to homeless people in general. 'It's his own fault he's homeless' 'Scum of the earth' 'They're all druggo's and alco's anyway' It's stuff we hear all the time, and I really don't think it's fair. If you don't want to give money, that's alright... it's up to the individual person, but please don't apply stereotypes to a whole group of people, many of whom did not choose to end up the way they did.

Yatta_fml 0

To all the people claiming people here are stereotyping for saying homeless people will go and spend it on drugs: I think most people that have said that about the homeless spending money given to them on drugs/alcohol are AWARE that they may not in fact be doing this with the money, however - why risk it? If you want to do something decent for homeless people in general, donate money to homeless shelters so you know that your money will be spent on food. Otherwise, you may just be enabling them in a drug addiction. The homeless person should know well enough where the shelters are and should get free food from there - they aren't starving. If you want to help the starving, donate to the people in Africa. You know, the ones that are emaciated and have to walk 3 hours to get water. For all you know, the person you're giving money to isn't even homeless. I know of someone who isn't homeless but pretends to be from time to time, they come from a fairly wealthy family in the neighborhood. Every once in awhile she falls back into her drug addiction (until her mother cleans her up again) and you'll find her on the street purposefully dressed down to look like a bum, asking for change with one story or another - if you give her money, you're just ultimately hurting her, she'd spend the money on drugs. And, while a lot of you are going on about how the economy has made people homeless, well... yes, it has, but those that have lost homes are likely not mentally ill, meaning they trying to get back on their feet and will look for help where it's offered. A lot of homeless people, the ones who are not down and out because of the economy, don't want help though because they aren't mentally sound.

you do raise extremely valid points, all of which I agree with. It's just the bluntness and harshness of people's comments that I find unnecessary. kudos!