By Jebus - 07/06/2009 20:46 - United States

Today, I walked to Starbucks. On the way a homeless guy asked me for change and I lied and said I had no money. On my way back, Strawberry Frappuccino in hand, the same guy recognized me. He followed me for 3 blocks, swearing and yelling at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 137
You deserved it 60 993

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you're not obliged to give your money to a bum anyway!

Haha. This happened to me once, just keep on walking and drop a couple of quarters to keep him occupied while you make an escape.

Comments

Mr_FYLife 0

YDI Next time, un-ass your cash.

What if the guy really needed the money? I would've been happy to help, who gives a fugg if he's going to ask for more later. YDI

I've stopped giving the homeless money after several of them who claimed to be hungry have turned down my offers for food.

I think you did the right thing not giving him any money. Even if you had a hundered dollars in pennies and your pants wouldn't stay up for the sheer volume of change you had, I would say don't give him a cent. I have all too often been out circulating resumes, down to my last dollar or two, with rent due and an empty fridge, and been harassed for change by seedy, downright sleazy homeless people smoking cigarettes of all things, and wanted to punch them out. Why should anyone give some homeless guy their money they worked for? It's just that simple. We all have to have a job and get our money somehow, if we'd rather buy a strawberry frappuchino than donate to the five finger charity then fine, it doesn't make you any worse a person. I know personally, I shamelessly tell homeless people i'm broke and don't think twice about walking on into a store, buying something, and walking past them again. If a homeless guy gave me crap like that, i'd have some harsh words for them. I'm not the type to tell a guy asking for change to get a job or start something, but for sure if they came at me like that, harassing me, i'd flag down a cop or turn on them and really let them have it. Don't feel bad, you don't owe him anything. Never give your money to someone just because they can't be bothered earning their own unless it's a friend who can pay you back. That homeless guy will never walk up to you when he has money, remembering that you helped him out and repay the kindness, so screw him.

I don't think you should have given him money, but YDI for not being quick enough to say "I only had my credit card." Coffee explained, problem solved.

Solution #2: Tell him to **** off Solution #3: Dip into a fancy store, ruffians won't be allowed in, and they see you have starbucks so they'll welcome you.

YDI for being a mean spirited liar. And YDI for the Strawberry Frappuccino. Feel free to be a bitch, but at least get better taste in beverages...

kdeconte 0

if I was homeless, I'd do the same; just for the fun of it. that's classic.

then pretend to be. mid no shave november.