By Anonymous - 30/06/2009 02:23 - United States

Today, I was at work lifeguarding and saw a kid drowning on the far end of the pool. I decided running would be the quickest way to get to her, but as I ran across the pool deck I slipped and hit my head. The kid's mother jumped in to save her child and then called an ambulance for me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 052
You deserved it 13 973

Same thing different taste

Top comments

whatmarielsaid 0

LOL isn't there a rule there saying, "no running around the pool area"? or something along those lines. jeez.

lol least you tried, that's all matters.

Comments

You get to sit all day outside, flirt with girls and get paid to do absolutely nothing 99.99% of the time. This unproductive activity is justified by the promise that you will save someone's life from time to time. You completely failed. Look for another line of work -- bookkeeping could be good for you.

the number one rule! no running on deck....

I do a quick walk at the pool I swim at and I get told to stop running, and yet you run, Isn't that the most important rule?

I would of jumped into the pool and swim to the kid.

YouGotJizzed 0

"Always save yourself before attempting to save a drowning person."

As everyone else is saying, it isn't smart to run near a pool. Do a quick walk if you can, but keep it to a walk: that is, keep at least one foot on the ground throughout your entire gait. Running uses your legs like pogo sticks (just touching down and pushing off quickly), and therefore it's less stable. Like they said in CPR training: Step 1. MAKE SURE THE SCENE IS SAFE.

For everbody saying the OP was supposed to walk, think about it: if you were drowning, would you want the lifeguard to take his time walking over?

dmipotc 0

being a lifeguard - you're doing it wrong!

o.O c'mon you're a lifeguard?! why would you run on the deck?!