By Anonymous - 10/10/2010 21:47 - Canada

Today, I was eating Jell-O and was reading a fact website, when I read that gelatin is made from the collagen in cow or pig bones. I'm vegetarian. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 529
You deserved it 68 068

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm guessing you haven't been a vegetarian too long. Any respectable vegetarian knows gelatin is made from animals. YDI

kellanlvr 1

I learned that in 2nd grade -___-

Comments

You're kind of a naive vegetable aren't you. Most things you commonly eat are from both plants and animals and does it change anything? Not really it's just a chemical and bonds. Get over yourself

TheBestManEver 0

I know loads of people have probably already said this, but HHOOWWW did you not know Gelatin isn't suitable for vegetarians? I'm pretty sure everyone knows that! I'm a vege and it's common sense to me. When you have special dietry needs you check the packaging of everything anyway just to be sure. I hope you realise you can't eat things like Haribo, either. I just really don't get how they didn't know that...

123e3 0

you're a vegetarian AND a Canadian? double negative!

"I'm a vegetarian." - Not right now you aren't!

ATLglamkills 0

i stopped eating jell-o before i was a vegetarian! its disgusting knowing that youre eating that stuff!!! :)

If you are a vegetarian, you should really be more careful and know what it is you are eating...

Jello is water and flavoring derrrrrrrrrrrrrrr gelatin is completely different

There are 582 previous comments discussing the fact that it DOES contain gelatine and you thought you'd spout off this bunch of fail? In your own words, derrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

YDI for being vegetarian and not knowing that. Remember sausages are made of meat too.

No offence, but I learnt that when I was like 6 years old. How could you NOT know that? If you're that strict of a vegetarian you should have checked the packaging first. YDI.