By Anonymous - 10/10/2010 21:47 - Canada

Today, I was eating Jell-O and was reading a fact website, when I read that gelatin is made from the collagen in cow or pig bones. I'm vegetarian. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 529
You deserved it 68 068

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm guessing you haven't been a vegetarian too long. Any respectable vegetarian knows gelatin is made from animals. YDI

kellanlvr 1

I learned that in 2nd grade -___-

Comments

tantrum4pres 0

you vegetarians are just retarded... eat some meat pussy

Isn't it Vegetarian = no meat Vegan = no animal biproducts whatsoever ???? Collegen isn't meat dumbass. Stop being a pussy and eat your jell-o.

rubina 0

either you're lying for whatever reason to get a post on this site, or you're ******* stupid. vegetarians eat animals products, just not meat. vegans don't eat meat or any animal products at all. what is wrong with you, you don't even know what the hell you are. lmao, YDI!

Who gives a shit. I raise cows. In the spring I usually have to stick my arm inside a cow and pull calves and then bottle feed some of thoes. Bulls get thier testicles cut off. In the fall we sell steers and cull cows, the get fattened up and butchered. I have butchered my own cows and ate them. I eat meat and never think twice about it and never will. If you don't want to eat meat then don't eat meat. If you don't want to eat cheese, eggs, milk, caveiar, wear pearls or any number of other things that come from animals then don't. I don't care. All I ask is that you shut the hell up about it. Im tired of hearing about it.

sarcdude 3

I just think vegetarians are missing out. Dah well, more burgers for me.

vegetarians are stupid. animals eat other animals in the wild. animals brutality kill other animals in the wild. we as humans, are nothing but animals. eat meat.

Um, I'm pretty sure there are animals out there who are herbivores.

monnanon 13

The difference is animals do not intensivly farm to the point of changing the DNA of the animals. When a lioness chases a zebra theres always a chance it'll get away. When a cow goes into an abetoir theres only one way out of there and its in the back of a meat truck.

ManaUser 0

For the OP, other vegetarians, or anyone just put off by eating bone-jelly, may I suggest konjac jelly (AKA glucomannan) as a substitute. It's not exactly the same, but personally I like it better. It's a little bit hard to find though, you'll probably have to order it online.

wonderful_wendy 0

you're a vegitrian and you didn't know that. shame.