By Anonymous - 22/09/2011 03:42 - United States

Today, I was feeling unusually self-confident, so I decided to skip putting on makeup for the day. On my way to class, I passed some guys selling towels. One of them jeered, "Wanna be prettier? Buy a towel, and throw it over your face!" There goes my self-confidence. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 119
You deserved it 4 588

Same thing different taste

Comments

They're selling towels, probably on the sidewalk. Don't be upset they're no better than the trash you kicked in the gutter.

I bet that salesman uses those towels to clean up after jacking off, because he's so damn lonely.

boredblonde 17

That would definitely get sales going! ..not

RedSharpieInk 5

Say something like: "Wanna get a life? Stop selling TOWELS !!!"

Shoulda set their towel stand on fire. I solve all my problems with fire.

idontcare8l 3

Damn shamwow guy never knows when to stop

Marcella1016 31

Best response: "I could say the same thing about your dick."

captianKool 4

They sell towels.... Therefore you shouldn't be to upset

Dude, makeup is for ugly chicks anyways. Au natural is always the best. Girls are hotter without it. If you need makeup to look pretty then you're probably fugly anyway.

Dont worry. It was just to build his self confidence. He probubly does that all the time and wanted someone else to do it so he didnt seem like a total freak.

chell1894 13

Dude, stro88 you're dumb and you'd be doing everyone on fml a favor by deleting your account.

117 - he's right to a certain extent. if you need make-up to look pretty and think you can't look pretty without it then chances are you're not very pretty anyway and/or have self-esteem issues. I don't think you're necessarily ugly though if you think you can't look pretty without make-up but that's his opinion and he can say whatever he wants. don't get all butt-hurt over it.

117- Actually, I disagree with you. I Think stro88 is right about everything for the most part excluding the first sentence. I'd rather females not cake themselves with makeup and look so plastic it looks like a machine just shat them out onto a production line. Some is ok, but my preference in little to none.

125 thank you for not being stupid. Some guys think there's only two ways to do makeup: none or caked. Again, thank you. On another note, I personally prefer girls with little makeup. I think it should be used to enhance facial features and good bone structure, not cover "flaws".

enonymous 8

I go full on Heath Ledger Joker for my makeup. Brings out the smile on my face even more

Confuciussay 6

130 - I think that is probably why they call it makeups and not coverups.

chell1894 13

Oh I'm not hurt by him at all. I rarely wear make up myself. I don't mask over what I look like. But his comments 9 put of 10 times are crude and very hard to understand. Most people on this site find him annoying. Just look at all of his other comments. And as well his profile is all about blow jobs. So he's a disgusting pig as well.

zakkyzebra 11

It's "self"-confidence for a reason...

Yes, makeup should be used to amplify good looking features. NOT to change the way you face looks. (unless it's costume makeup ofc)

If flaws are acne scars/breakouts, then I honestly don't see the problem with covering my "flaws". Otherwise, my skin is blotchy and unattractive.

Lol the irony in covering up acne spots with makeup. XD That's like trying to plug an oil Derrick with a drill.

dickydickman 0

I think girls are more beautiful without makeup

Thank you, #20. people shouldn't have to change their appearance to feel beautiful.

flockz 19

but people will still change their appearance to fit in.

Cereal_Is_Good 5

... Why were they selling towels?

rexgar2000 10

maybe cuts it's hot and need some towels? I don't know

@20 - Wait till you have to wake up next to your aged soccer mom of a wife. Honestly I hear guys say this and then they make fun of a female's appearance. So obviously females are going to feel obligated to wear makeup. What a sham...

mhmjazmin 0

Make up is made to enhance beauty, not cover it up.

Technically that is sexual harassment (its legal definition doesn't limit it to sexual conduct but includes harassment [not necessarily ongoing] based on sex). Why should you have to wear make-up to be pretty, and by whose standards is pretty defined??

kings1fan 6

You really going to listen to a guy who sells towels? By the way I prefer girls without make up or light on make up

tylersign 11

I agree with 75. Stay yourself OP, don't hide behind makeup.

I ******* hate people like that. Really sorry that happened to you, OP...

A woman looks her best just getting out of bed

Blazify 3

u got dissed but i guess not everyone can be pretty without makeup

PrincessesCrown 17

Everyone is pretty with or without makeup. I admit some people look better with it on, but either way everyone is beautiful. so don't be an asshole.

ukrage 1

U really believe that everyone is aesthetically pleasing no matter how much acne, fat, scars, warts, or other unsightly features they have?

xMeganMayhem 6

I like how you type out "aesthetically," but you don't type out "you."

I like how he(or she) thinks fat can be hidden with make up :D. That being directed at ukrage(101 I think).

slushpup9696 12

It's all subjective. I personally look 100x better without makeup. Of course, that makes sense because I'm a guy, but still...

126 - why would it be a guy wearing make up?

PrincessesCrown 17

Yes 101 I do think everyone is beautiful no matter how scars, pimples, or worts he or she may have. Because beauty is everywhere. In gods eyes everyone is beautiful, and i feel the same way.

134- no I'm not? Lol. And if you're going to be unnecessarily mean I don't think your profile picture should be a cute thing that says 'unconditional love'. 166- Some guys do wear make up, like some emo and scene kids xD. Not really the same as most girls, but they do wear it. And some in modeling might do the same, but I'm just guessing.

i just noticed how stupid my comment was.

Beauty is subjective so OP is attractive to some people, that guy is just being an asswipe

alex6946 10
lovelydarlings 6

Exactly! Op you should've said,"you want to be a real man? Well get a real job instead of selling towels!"

Hey watch yourself my mom sells them for a living!! Jk

Well it's a job,not everyone can afford to be picky

Yeah really, don't listen to a guy who sells friggin' towels, at school. whatta mofo.

flockz 19

the shamwow guy sells towels... really really shitty towels.

hotPinklipstick 24

I'm assuming it was high school boys selling towels for a fundraiser for the athletic department. Either way there is no reason whatsoever for him to behave like that. OP don't let it get to you. I'm sure you are beautiful, inside and out. :)

56 if they are high school boys they are acting pretty much like one. I would know cause I go to an all guys high school.

rein 8

true "beggars can't be choosers" but it doesn't give them a right to put others down.

flockz 19

billy mays didnt sell shamwow towels... the shamwow guy did....

all4pooh 4

Wow 150, Billy Mays was definitely oxy clean

rally towels are sold on campus to encourage students to have "school spirit" when big games are coming up

Dw hunny it's the inside that matters ;) everyone is beautiful in their own ways

emmiep1011 7

Seriously. Does ^^ that bitch have enough make up on? Lol.

kosherkraut 5

115- Obviously not because she's still not pretty.

drawmesunshine 17

Yeah, she did. She used it to strangle the fucktard that's one of the reasons young women feel so dejected about their physical appearance.

Wow. I'm a guy. BUT I'm a classic guy. I'm not a douche like every other guy now. I woulda just probably been all quiet and shy. Cause I'm like that. Still sorry FYL

Cool story bro... Unfortunately, 'classic guys' do not pick up girls on FML. Ever.

Neither do guys who are total dicks. Ever. And by the way, why would you want to "pick up" a girl on FML anyway?

95 - Classic example of a no-life parasitic wretch on FML that does nothing but miserably fail at trolling.

drawmesunshine 17

It's okay. I'm sure you beautiful:) They're the ugly bastards

Yeah OP, if you were that confident in yourself then you shouldn't listen to what other people say(: You probably are beautiful.