By luvonsarah - 14/08/2012 17:27 - United States - Beaverton

Today, I was out drinking with some friends in a Safeway parking lot, when I saw a familiar-looking vehicle pull up beside us. It was my dad, who angrily got out and demanded that I come home. I'm twenty-four, and now the laughing stock of my social circle. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 546
You deserved it 24 973

luvonsarah tells us more.

luvonsarah 8

Hey there! I am the OP. A few things I'd like to address: I was only visiting my parents. I do have my own place. I stayed out a little later than I thought I would and they got worried. The bar (in which we were drinking) is in the same parking lot as Safeway. We stepped out to grab some vitamin water and smoke a cigarette.

Top comments

Number one: Why were you drinking in a Safeway parking lot?!? Number two: At least he cares about you...?

Time to move out! Think of all the positives, no grounding, no midnight bumps in the night (if you know what I mean) and most importantly no interruptions during happy time. Get a place OP, it will July get better.

Comments

Sanch101 7

Isn't drinking in a parking lot something loser 15 year olds do?

Well as your reputation with your social circle recovers maybe you could get a job and become useful to society

gusgus36 5

You are 24 and live at home, and you were drinking in a grocery store parking lot... If you're the laughingstock of your social circle it is definitely not your dad's fault.

tne201992 12

I know this is irrelevant to the topic, but Safeway is still running! I haven't seen one in Cali in a long time. lol

cl4ptp 18

Drinking in a safeway car park at age 24. That's a FYL right there. YDI when your dad showed up because you were behaving like a child.

24? I'm pretty sure, wherever you are in the world, you're old enough to enter a pub.

Drinking in a Safeway (grocery store) parking lot at 24, yeah, you deserve to be laughed at!

Your social circle is from the parking lot of Safeway. I'd venture to say, you've lost very little being their "laughingstock"...

Um, go drink at a bar or a friends house. Really? A parking lot? How high school of you.

Drink in a bar like normal over the age people.