By fml - 25/04/2009 01:55 - United States

Today, I was walking through town when I saw a plastic bag on the ground. Trying to be a good citizen, I picked it up, intending on throwing it in the trash. When I looked up, there wasn't a trash can for another hundred feet. So I put it back down. Now I've got a $200 fine to pay for littering. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 002
You deserved it 61 046

Same thing different taste

Top comments

earwig12 1

So walk the extra hundred feet. How is that a big deal?

a plastic bag doesn't weigh anything and it wouldn't have taken any extra effort to walk the 100 ft. your laziness disgusts me. you completely deserved it.

Comments

That will teach you to follow through. YDI.

oh let our OP be, maybe he was in a rush and didn't have the time to go out of his way.. Most people would have ignored this plastic bag and gone about their business, at least he tried.

AK 2

#24 - You mean picking up the plastic bag in the first place wasn't "out of his way" already?

Fraggle 0

how is picking up a bag, rather than contributing to a big problem 'being a good Samaritan'?!!

cartering 0

100 feet? that's about 30 steps if your 5'3

if you were walking that way anyway whats the big deal about walking and extra 100 feet? it would have been more effort to lean down to put the bag back on the ground that it would have been to drop it in the rubbish. YDI, im glad you got caught. Wtf #16.. why did he even bother trying if he couldnt follow through.

What the hell is wrong with all you people saying YDI? If somebody walked by garbage, nobody would care. We're not all on litter duty. But if somebody picks it up, and sets it back down, suddenly you all feel they deserve a 200 dollar fine for that. That doesn't even make sense. Who cares what the reason was? The OP had no obligation to even consider picking it up to BEGIN with. Gosh, you people are ****** up.

Were not ****** up, you are, he deserved it, 100 ft isin't far. It's not considered trying if you give up without doing an effort.

You deserve the fine for picking it up in the first place LOL

200$ fine for someone elses garbage sucks