By dad - 29/06/2009 16:38 - United States

Today, my daughter had just left for a date with her boyfriend. All of a sudden, she runs back in the house screaming "I forgot to take my birth control!" That is not something a father wants to hear. FML
I agree, your life sucks 503
You deserved it 52

Top comments

treli1593 0

WHY would she even say that around you?!

Something to keep in mind: Not all girls who take birth control are having sex. Even girls who have boyfriends and are taking BC aren't necessarily having sex. However, it's also really important for girls to take their birth control /every day/ at a specific time, otherwise it really messes up her body. For all anyone knows, she suddenly realized she hadn't taken it that day, and panicked. ... or maybe she's having sex with her boyfriend.

Comments

wowJJ 0

I'm sure you'd be happier to hear that over "I'm pregnant".

at least you taught your daughter to be careful now a days thats all you can ask for.

morgan020 0

OP - Would you rather her be on birth control and be at least making an attempt to not get pregnant. or In 9 months from now you get to be a grandpa ? - I think it must have been more embarassing / akward for her then it was for yoou.

Why has no one bothered to ask how old the daughter is? and secondly, maybe she uses both methods of birth control (meaning pill and condom) and just wanted to be doubly safe. I work at a high school that has a day-care center for my teenage students' children. Believe me, the pill is better than nothing. http:anonymousdiaryproject.blogspot.com

U should change ur name to grandpa

YDI for having a forgetful ***** as a daughter...

The_crow 0

You should have replied to her, "don't forget to take some penicillin as well."

@120 Kickass, Crow, kickass. I would have grabbed hold of her and tell her she wasn't headed nowheres, but that would have just given a desperate, romantic Romeo and Juliet kick to their fumbling teenage pawing later on.

The_crow 0

A birth control pill is unprotected sex. A pregnancy can be terminated, the HIV, not so much.