By awesome - 23/03/2011 00:18

Today, my friends thought it would be hilarious to show me Marley and Me the day right after I had to put down my dog. I had my dog for 11 years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 60 489
You deserved it 4 239

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that sucks. OP im sorry my dog is almost 11 and i cant imagine putting him down. oh yeah what horrible friends.

Comments

I certainly hope you don't see those people as your "friends" anymore. I'm sorry OP, my doggy was 11 when we put him down over a year ago and I still miss him terribly. But remember, all dogs go to heaven :]

Flutist 3

People, you don't know why they showed him the movie. This person is grieving over the loss of a dog but when you get a pet you have to come to terms with the fact it won't outlive you, unless you have a turtle or are old. A dog is a great pet but they are just that, an animal that will never fully understand the way of life humans live. Elephants go off into the wild--away from people--when they die. Sure, animals mourn and animals feel a lot more than people give them credit for, but in the end a dog understands it will die and does not spend the rest of its days in tears. It lives with dignity and then it dies. The friends might have shown the movie to Op because it was a similar situation. I read books about people who go through the same things I do because it helps to know you aren't alone. Marley and Me (I have seen the movie) is not depressing, it is realistic. The dog lived a long and happy life and then was put out of its misery. It happens. Can't you just accept the death as part of its life and celebrate its life more than alienate yourself from your friends because you misunderstood what they were trying to do?

The only reason I didnt dislike your comment is because it's so freaking long that I can't. You obviously have never lost a dog before. It is an extremely sad thing and OPs friends were just being jerks about it.

It's IMPOSSIBLE not to get attached to your animal, especially if you take care of it. You're dog is the first thing you see when you wake up and the last thing you see when you go to sleep. You have to feed and walk them every day and they are always there when you are feeling down to cheer you up.

kissyface13 0

u have some sick friends......... That is disturbing!

Well then they're not really ur friends are they?