By ponyboy - 22/01/2010 22:41 - United States

Today, my girlfriend broke up with me because she suspected me of cheating. She thought I was cheating because she caught me sneaking out in the middle of the night. I was sneaking out to plan my proposal to her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 358
You deserved it 4 221

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Zenn0 0

1. Explain what's up 2. Propose 3. ???? 4. Profit

mshafty 0

I don't get why were you sneaking out into the middle of night to plan a proposal??? Isn't that the type of thing you do during the day? Sounds shady, I say either you were a) cheating with prostitutes b) cheating with male prostitutes or c) you are a prostitute. All sound like valid reasons to break up with you!

Comments

mshafty 0

I don't get why were you sneaking out into the middle of night to plan a proposal??? Isn't that the type of thing you do during the day? Sounds shady, I say either you were a) cheating with prostitutes b) cheating with male prostitutes or c) you are a prostitute. All sound like valid reasons to break up with you!

Giant85 0
xlostwithoutu 0

If he had been sneaking out to cheat, then this story would be used as an excuse. But that isn't the case. If he had been going to cheat then why would he change the story and post it on FML? Seriously think about it.

xlostwithoutu 0
suzie_sickness 0

Honestly, can you blame her? It WOULD be really suspicious for a dude to be "sneaking out" (and all its shady connotations) in the middle of the night if he couldn't give a reason as to why. But all you had to do was tell her what's up. YDI Just propose right then and there, show her the damn ring. If you in fact did that but she still didn't believe you, then FYL.

This. Let's flip things around. If you caught HER sneaking out in the middle of the night, you'd believe her if she told you she was planning a surprise party for you? With zero doubts?

If she could provide proof that that's what she was doing. I just always read these FMLs and picture it like... you know in a sitcom, when one character gets into a situation, and the other character returns, misinterprets the situation and gets pissed off... and the character NEVER explains, they just let the other character be mad at them? That's how I always picture these FMLs.

And then it always seems like, despite them loving the girl, the girl goes 'oh, you're cheating, I'm breaking up with you' and the guy goes 'oh, **** it, it's not worth explaining... FML time! ...then I'll return the ring and clear the rose petals in the shape of her name out of her front garden.'

ensemble_coeur 0

why would you need to sneak out in the middle of the night to plan?

xlostwithoutu 0

That sucks. Tell her what happened and just remember that you'll be better off without her. I'm really sorry. Tehres plenty of fish in the sea!

xlostwithoutu 0

Um... better off without her because she dumped him and already assumes that he's going out to cheat. I really hate people like u who go off ranting about shit that makes 0 sense. GAL please.

xlostwithoutu 0

YOU are just as familiar to him and the story as I am. I don't think he would post a "bullshit" story on here just to get sympathy from strangers.

why did u sneak out I mean rly that's stupid do it during the day ydi

Twi_lover_EC 6

If she doesn't trust u I guess that marrige wouldn't last very long. BUT it was stupid to sneak out at night.