By Dave - 10/09/2009 13:37 - United States

Today, my girlfriend of 3 years told me that I was part of an experiment for her Sociology doctorate. I also learned that the notebooks she's been writing in for the past three years aren't for her "doctorate in literature" as she had told me, they were notes on my behavior for the past 3 years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 527
You deserved it 3 572

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Can't be an experiment because if it was, human subjects have to give prior consent. Want to get even, complain to the dean of students that you unwillingly were a human subject for her experiments, feel as though your rights were violated and want to talk to someone at the university about its policies. She'll be F'd.

Comments

Wow. I hope she gets an F for a breach of ethics!

There is such a thing called ETHICS in The Socal Sciences. And there is a line...If the person is not going to disclose identity ok. If the person was observing OK; but, if that person was experimenting and playing head games then there is a serious breech of ethics.

engineerbearcat 0

Also, in the Ethics you have to have specific permission from those you are studying before the experiment starts. Her doctorate should be thrown out!

Cattiva 0

Shoot her. And on a court tell that you tested a gun. You will be justified. I am really sorry of this story.

Oh please everyone.... this was a plot in a play. I highly doubt it really happened, since it would be illegal and therefore wouldn't count. The end.

hot_tamale 0

This was already posted acouple of months ago. and it wad worded better thse first time

if this really happened, she is either lying to break up with you or a very very sick person.

Jakojan 4

holy crap... excessive time to study a person is excessive

That doesn't comply with the ethics board, you have to tell someone you are conducting an experiment on them. Since she didn't do that all her research is useless.

starberries 0

If this really happened, I'd bet she just made it up as an excuse to break up with you.