By Stuck - 12/02/2014 18:25 - United States - Evans

Today, my house is on lockdown. I recently moved to Georgia from Rhode Island to be with my boyfriend. The state is on high alert for an ice storm. I'm stuck inside with my terrified boyfriend, who's calling it "the storm of the century". I used to walk to school in this weather. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 714
You deserved it 5 864

Same thing different taste

Top comments

unwantedforlife 14

That sucks for all of us from the north but to be fair, they are not used to any type of snow or ice

CallMeWindSock 24

And in the north, 50 degrees is T-Shirt weather!

Comments

As several ppl have mentioned, we don't have the resources to deal with this kind of weather. If it's such a problem for u, move back. U have ur cold weather, no one freaks out, & we don't have to listen to u whine. Problem solved.

Rhode Island signing in. I'm fine with going for a leisurely walk if it's like 20 degrees, but that's because us manly northern men are used to temperatures like that. Southerners lose their shit if it snows because it's foreign to them. So I see why he would be worried since he doesn't know it takes way more than their weather prediction of snow to make things really dangerous.

Manly northern men? lmao. That's awesome. Just because u're used to cold weather doesn't make u manly. Let me guess - u're a "big" guy, which just means u're fat, not muscular. Manly Northern men. rotfl. That's the best joke I've heard in forever!

That is the funniest thing I've ever heard. And actually it is already dangerous. I had to drive home from work in it and I was smart and drove slow and yet I still slid. And there are people sliding off the road constantly and wrecks everywhere. We aren't used to this weather and that is partly what makes it dangerous. Keep your closed minded, unknowing, idiotic opinions to yourself. And fyi, my week old cousin is more of a man already than you ever will be. Ya know why? Because Southern men don't need to brag about being "manly men", they prove it to us. They are gentlemen down here which is obviously something you will never be.

Ay woah woah ay, not trying to say I'm better than anyone here. Just making a joke, people. And yes I understand the other factors: the difference in tires, experience with snow driving in general, etc. We're all family here, let's not bicker like prideful snobs. Specifically #112, I'll be the first to admit I'm a chubby white boy without muscles. So let's keep the insults at a minimum, eh? Else you seem a tad hypocritical and "close-minded" yourself. Anyways. Stay safe out there people. Blessed be.

Ice really isn't difficult to drive in. My family is from Nigeria and they NEVER get snow there, but my parents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles have no problem driving in it. I live in CO and it was snowing and in the negatives last week. And when it did warm up, the snow would melt, and then freeze into ice over night, and then it would snow again over that. All you really have to do is drive slower and with more space in between cars.

You could have some serious fun with this. Convince him it's the end of the world.

Sounds like your bf has 'shaky little white dog syndrome.' Maybe you should put on some relaxing music and light some scented candles.

110, I can't help but think you're misinforming everyone. Ice, especially if you've never driven on it, is very hard. Up north, it's part of getting your permit/license that you know how to best drive on ice and what to do if you slide.

You two should move to Minnesota, we call it Wednesday.

Let's see now. You came from up North to be with your boyfriend and the complaint is that you're now lockdowned in the home with him? Ah....what's the problem? If the point is we Southerners don't know how to handle snow and ice then you got us there. Thank God! I think being totally unprepared for this weather is a good thing and being able to wear shorts and a T shirt comfortably here in most winter weather a blessing from God. What we don't have (like snow tires, overcoats, tire chains, snow shovels, etc.) we really don't want and are glad for our Yankee brothers to keep. Enjoy your stay in the South. Absorb some of the culture, enjoy the food and keep an open mind. Who knows you may be one of the millions every year who stay.

To the people who say you want to see an ice storm should of came up to Toronto near Christmas.

I'm from Georgia and I approve this. We could get the least amount of frost possible and we go on a state-wide panic.