By KitKat270 - 28/05/2009 01:40 - Canada

Today, my mom informed me that she wouldn't be joining the rest of the girls in the limo ride to the church for my wedding ceremony because she wants to have her car with her. Why? Because she is planning to leave my wedding reception half way through to go home and take her dog out to pee. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 691
You deserved it 4 989

Same thing different taste

Top comments

#2 I'd think that her daughter's wedding is more important than this. If the dog is so important, she should have made plans for someone else to watch the dog that day so she could be there the whole time to support her daughter.

I agree with #13. What's the big deal? Jesus she's not SKIPPING the whole freaking wedding here, there is nothing wrong with going home real quick to let the dog out so he/she doesn't pee all over the house. OP you might need to be less of a Bridezilla.

Comments

2embarassd2speak 0

The reception? Not even the ceremony, the trivial reception. You do know what a wedding is for right? I can't even say "you deserve that," because it doesn't even qualify as an fml.

ozac 0

how the **** does she deserve this? Her mom is choosing to let her dog out to go pee over her own daughter's wedding? She doesn't deserve this...i hope this happens to you whoever clicked "you deserved that one" ungrateful bitches. Im sorry there are hardly any decent people in the world OP... **** them.

Your mom is leaving half way through the reception? So she's not missing the wedding, the cake cutting, the first dance or all the important stuff that happens at the beginning of the reception? Hate to break it to you, but nowhere is it written that people MUST stay the entire reception. I bet a lot of people leave half way through - it sucks a little that she won't be able to ride with you and the wedding party to the reception but your mom is not doing anything wrong by leaving the reception early.

whererthefriends 0

That sucks! Though certainly it is fine for people to leave in the middle of the reception (an accurate argument that many people have made), this is your own mother, and though you certainly can survive without her (I hope!), you naturally would want her there, and moreover, she should be there for the duration. They say that "this world is going to the dogs"--and here is a prime example!

So what? It's really that big of a deal that she leaves for a half hour to let the dog out? You are really selfish.

If you would feel better, your mom could leave the dog at YOUR house and let it TT on your carpet. Then it's not a problem for your mom anymore and she can stay and party with you. Woo Hoo!! To number 59- You skewed your point in your favor!! Commencement is to Wedding Ceremony as graduation party is to reception. If her mom got up and left in the middle of the Ceremony, that would be a different story to lots of people. That is NOT what the mother is talking about doing. She is leaving the reception, the POST CEREMONY part. Where is your LOGIC?

Ah, that really sucks. I don't care whether her dog peed on her stove, the fact that she's so readily willing to miss half of your wedding is just a bummer. FYL.

Why don't you suggest that she pre-park her car at the reception site before the wedding, therefore both of you can have what you need? She can ride in the limo but still be able to let her dog out during the reception. I'm guessing everyone who your mom would normally have check in on her dogs would also be at the reception. I have dogs and I understand where she is coming from. However there are also other ways to handle the situation.