By KitKat270 - 28/05/2009 01:40 - Canada

Today, my mom informed me that she wouldn't be joining the rest of the girls in the limo ride to the church for my wedding ceremony because she wants to have her car with her. Why? Because she is planning to leave my wedding reception half way through to go home and take her dog out to pee. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 694
You deserved it 4 997

Same thing different taste

Top comments

#2 I'd think that her daughter's wedding is more important than this. If the dog is so important, she should have made plans for someone else to watch the dog that day so she could be there the whole time to support her daughter.

I agree with #13. What's the big deal? Jesus she's not SKIPPING the whole freaking wedding here, there is nothing wrong with going home real quick to let the dog out so he/she doesn't pee all over the house. OP you might need to be less of a Bridezilla.

Comments

This is your wedding RECEPTION. Not your wedding. Those things can be long (and frankly, boring, if you're not one who wants to dance for hours). So what if your mom heads home for a few minutes to let her dogs out? She's taking care of her responsibilities and it's the right thing to do. How immature and selfish does one have to be to care about such a thing?

#45 says "Then I hope something like this happens to you or your bride-to-be. THEN let's see how you act." Frankly, I would respect someone who took responsibility for something in their care and stepped out to take care of it. Leaving dogs outside is not an option. They can get stolen. tormented by neighborhood kids, killed by coyotes if there are those around. They can bark and carry on and disturb the neighborhood, get loose and get killed. The wedding reception is just a party. I've seen parents leave receptions long before it's over and let their son/daughter celebrate with their friends. If she were leaving the wedding, then I could understand someone being upset, but leaving the reception is not a big deal. Those dogs are going to be home a LONG time. The last wedding I was in started at 2pm and then the reception carried on into the middle of the night. There's no way a dog can go 10 or 12 hours without hitting the bathroom. I respect anyone who takes care of their animals like this woman's mother is. What I feel sorry for is any woman with such a "bridezilla" for a daughter.

Yo Bridezilla, Buy her a bag of wee wee pads. The dog can go mess free in her absence. Problem solved.

Listen, a wedding is very important. Girls wait their whole lives for that day and we want our moms by our side. Screw you all who think that her mom leaving her freaking reception is perfectly fine! As the owner of a dog, I know he'd be perfectly fine for the ceremony and reception. And seriously, so what if you have to use a freaking spot treatment or something? You don't skip out on your daughters wedding.

cupcakecatie 0

That seems like a reasonable thing to do :/ the dogs got to pee and your mom doesn't want to run the risk of it having an accident. And actual if its a well trained dog and trys to hold it in it runs the risk of getting a serious bladder infection just like a human.

cupcakecatie 0

Its not as if she is leaving in the middle of the ceremony. Give her a break I am sure she is coming back, who cares if she takes off for a little while to tend to the needs of an animal.

You shouldn't miss her. Nature calls. BTW, your mom must be a space cadet not to have made arrangements for the dog in advance.

WOW! can't she get a neighbor to do it. I bet she wouldn't do it if she was at a nice restrant and someone was paying for her meal. FYL

newsflash dahling. you arent the first to be married, nor will you be the last. life continues for everyone (including the dog). grow up. YDI for whining about it.