U-turn

By jaimie - 19/03/2011 16:00 - United States

Today, we were going to Disney World all the way from North Carolina. After 12 hours of driving, my kids started fighting and complaining. My husband finally said, "If I hear you guys one more time we're turning around and going back home." They annoyed him once again, and we actually went home. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 864
You deserved it 8 638

Same thing different taste

Top comments

milou_fml 6

that's some pretty badass parenting right there

he'll yeah, that's the kind of parenting I wanna see, no sucking up to kids, those kids will remember that for the rest of their life

Comments

FilthyJeepGirl 1

YDI: 1) You obviously have unruly kids which is a failure on you as a parent. 2) Quit complaining about how long the drive was, which 12 hours seems excessive. Took us 15 hours to get there from PA, so how did it take you 12? WTF? 3) Your husband is a man of his word. Be grateful and show your appreciation by giving him a BJ.

TedJordan1 0

we could use more wives like u

pikagirl222 1

it never said went ALL the way to disney. it said they had driven 12 hours. they never actually got to disney.

Got_any_grapes1 4

Why don't you be a woman with identity for once and tell your husband to keep driving instead of letting him control you/everyone. It seems you are scared to speak your mind, kind of like a trophy wife.

I love it when parents don't put up with childish B.S. if you had any family in the states between, you should have just dropped ur kids off there and had an amazing exciting time with ur hubby <3

FilthyJeepGirl 1

Also - why does your location say "Florida" when you were supposedly driving from North Carolina. I smell BS. The timing alone is BS. I have a friend in Eden NC (practically at the border of Virginia) and she said it takes her 9 hours to get to Disneyworld. With stops.

fmaon06 10

I also live in NC, about 45 min from Eden. The thing about driving from Eden is that you're already close to the highway that you would need to take to get down to Orlando. I've driven from my house once and it did take about 9 hours or so. However, say, you're over at the upper right-hand corner of the state, near Elizabeth City. You have to drive down close to Raleigh before you even get to I-95. When I put it into mapquest it said 11 and a half hours, but they are pretty generous on the amount of time. Perhaps this family liked to have lots of rest breaks and food stops as well?

Are you taking into account the possibility that traffic just happened to suck that day? It isn't all about the distance and stops made by the family. At least part of it is about whether or not traffic is actually moving and allowing you to move at the proper speed. If there is even one bad accident somewhere along a straight path it can cause traffic to come almost to a stop for miles.

fmaon06 10

Oh yeah, good point. I forgot that when I took that drive a couple of years from NC to FL I was stuck in two hours of traffic from various road construction on the highway... That seems like a much more plausible explanation because they are ALWAYS doing road construction somewhere.

good on him, they called him on it and he followed through, sucks you lose out on the trip but the place isn't going anywhere and next time maybe they'll behave

good stuff. dont let those little ***** push you around.

kristidgranger 3

well good thing is he stuck to his word, teaches your kids a lesson, and they'll probably remember that next time bc sounds like they thought it was ok to disobey him!

Your husband sucks. If my dad had done something stupid like that I would have kick and scream the whole way back.

turtle_brigade 0

well, he's a jackass for not discussing it with op first. you can't just cancel a whole goddamn vacation because some (likely young) children are annoying you, without even asking your wife if that's okay. that's being childish on his part.

you are so right, hes such a baby. Kids will always fight and complain, reprimend them with something other than what your family has spent a fortune on. How can he be so inconsiderate? The one thing that pisses me off most is when people dont consider your thoughts, this is outragous and I would be as upset as the children. If my parents had ever done that to me, I would have been incredibly dissapointed in my mom and wouldn't have trusted my father. His reaction was way out of control, blown completely out of proportion, inconsiderate. We would have had a VERY strong talk.

cryssycakesx3 22

it's his and probably her money. it's not "inconsiderate" of him. those kids aren't entitled to anything. "if that was my dad..." **** that. that attitude is why parents have to do such things. quit being a whiny little baby and learn how to act. a vacation is not a right. he could have been staying with someone. and won Disney tickets somehow, so at most he could be out gas money and even still they had a road trip. haha "inconsiderate..."