What's cooking?

By Van - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I took a hot plate out of the oven with my fancy silicone oven mitt. Seconds after carefully placing it on the cook top, I picked it up with my left, unprotected hand. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 874
You deserved it 36 378

Top comments

You may want to purchase a second one.

pattheaninal 9

In Soviet Russia, hot plate puts you in oven.

Comments

TheWaaaaambulanc 0

Whoops, nevermind, there it is!

FMLFawly 0

Well, might as well put that glove to use and make me a sammich!

OP- Anyone who claims they have done nothing even remotely similar is a friggin liar. I have to agree with a previous comment and guess that you were probably multitasking. Not so smart. But, that is how 5 year olds learn...so thier is still hope.

actually my sister has done this... she did it twice in one week, burning the same finger and thumb each time. I've also done it, but not with something hot enough to burn me.

yey!! my first comment!! :)  although ur life is ******. nevermind, more like ur hand is

Yatta_fml 0

FYL if you indeed were able to pick it up - you must have slow reflexes. If you just touched it and pulled back like any normal person, YDI... and welcome to the kitchen, people burn themselves all the time from cooking.

Wow, I do stupid stuff like this all the time. I finally got oven mitts, but they only go up to my wrists and what I really need is ones that go up to my elbows because I always seem to accidentally burn myself when I cook in the oven (not on the stovetop though).

king_allyson 0

@45 OP stand for original poster/topic creator. You're on the internet, better learn these things fast otherwise you'll get flamed.

you really should google or wiki that sort of thing before asking. You're likely to get people flaming you for being stupid. I googled it just then (to see how easy it would be to find on Google) and the definition was #3 and #4 on the results page.