What's up doc?

By fml - 29/07/2012 12:20 - Japan - Koshigaya

Today, I took my 2-year-old son to the ear doctor, since he'd stopped responding whenever I call him. The doctor told me that his ears are just fine. He's just ignoring me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 681
You deserved it 5 852

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

fukmefreddy 4

Teach him sign language, he can't fake being blind.

unknown_user5566 26

If he doesn't listen in general, I doubt he's going to sit there and pay attention while being taught sign language.

Huh...good luck with him when he's older. I hope you're aware that this won't magically get better. Two-year-olds can be difficult but for you to take him to the doctor he must be ignoring you more than is normal for that age. You should be one of his favourite and most interesting people and one he most needs and depends on...if he doesn't value you enough to listen to you then you can't be that interesting or dependable. Maybe start making changes in those areas before it's too late.

PeaceTeass 7

Literally, the exact same thing happened to me 14 years ago with my now 17 year old daughter. I was so embarrassed when my doctor told me that..

Lil Johnny is wiping boogers all over the table, we got to get him to the Dr.. It must be a medical condition, it can't be that we have a spoiled kid...

No shit. You needed a doctor to figure that out?

missalice0306 19

Oh surely there could have been other ways to test his hearing before going to the doctor.

lowie89 7

My son will be two next week and he ignores me too sometimes! Selective hearing at such a young age.. -_-

sammieshortcake 15

I would definitely watch him...My mother in law had that happen with my husband when he was 3 and it turns out he had a major fluid build up in his ear and he only had 30% hearing in one ear, and 15% in the other due to it.