Busted

By Anonymous - 13/07/2009 04:02 - Canada

Spicy
Today, I'd gotten home from dropping my boyfriend off when my dad said, "Your phone's been buzzing." I had a text saying, "You're grounded" from my Dad. My "Take your birth control" had been going off for a half an hour while I was gone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 032
You deserved it 31 873

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Okay your dad's probably an idiot. Seriously. Birth control doesn't always mean you're sexually active. If you're old enough to drive your boyfriend around (without an adult also in the car with you), you're old enough to take birth control for your own reasons. At least in my opinion. Plus, you weren't texting and driving at the same time. He should be happy about that.

So ... your Dad would rather you were irresponsible & fell pregnant? Is that what he's trying to prove? Fail Dad, Fail.

Comments

strawberryswirl 0

You're really stupid for actually labeling your alarm "birth control pill"...I don't label mine. However, your dad is stupid for grounding you, no questions asked. If you live with your parents, you probably aren't eighteen and couldn't have gotten birth control without permission (I guess your mom's, in this case). So he definitely should have spoken with her first. But yeah, I feel your pain - my dad practically encourages my younger brother to have sex and would probably kill me if he knew I'm doing it. AND he's a male **** who still lives at home. Great world we live in.

1. I'm 19, and I still live at home. It's free room and board, so I don't have to worry about paying rent, water bills, heating bills, etc, and I can focus on college. 2. I'm on the pill to control my period, severe mood swings, etc, I've let my boyfriend know that in no way does that mean I'm ready for sex (my personal decision, I won't force it on others), and I'm still afraid to tell my dad because I don't know if he would believe I'm not having sex.

echarperouge 0

If you're young enough to be grounded, you're too young to have sex.

your dad should be happy that you're on the pill. being on the pill is a whole lot better than a teenage pregnancy.

simplyfucked 0

i know alot of catholic parents that are like that where i live.. assholes think getting preggers is better than contraception.

Alarm to take a tablet. Your Dad is being protective - and doesn't like to think that his daughter is sexually active. Hence the gut reaction of grounding you. The Dad is not totally in the wrong. And #202 is right - if young enough to be grounded - you're too young to have sex.

well.. actually she's not being too safe for missing a pill (if she didn't carry her pack with her and take it).

gplover110 0

you dad is a dumb ass. just because a girl is on the pill doesnt mean she is having sex. and on another note, would your dad rather see an alarm saying "birth control pill" or one that said "scheduled abortion"

taylors_girl_01 0

damn...that sucks i bet u'll never forget ur phone again

seybeast_jenny 0

if u have to drop ur boyfriend of, he must not have a car and if thats the case i dont blame u for haveing to remind ur self to take the pill i would try to take 2 just in case

that is so wrong that he grounded you for that! At least you are being smart about it and taking the pill if you don't want a kid. your dad needs to get over it. jeez