Busted

By Anonymous - 13/07/2009 04:02 - Canada

Spicy
Today, I'd gotten home from dropping my boyfriend off when my dad said, "Your phone's been buzzing." I had a text saying, "You're grounded" from my Dad. My "Take your birth control" had been going off for a half an hour while I was gone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 031
You deserved it 31 873

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Okay your dad's probably an idiot. Seriously. Birth control doesn't always mean you're sexually active. If you're old enough to drive your boyfriend around (without an adult also in the car with you), you're old enough to take birth control for your own reasons. At least in my opinion. Plus, you weren't texting and driving at the same time. He should be happy about that.

So ... your Dad would rather you were irresponsible & fell pregnant? Is that what he's trying to prove? Fail Dad, Fail.

Comments

nerdfighter4life 0

Crap does he WANT you to get pregnant? seriously that is messed up.

Ok. Let us have a little look at Ontario laws, shall we? 1. OP said that she got "home from dropping [her] boyfriend off". This means that she is old enough to drive without a licensed driver in the car, ergo she has her G2. This means she is at the very least 16 years and 8 months old, assuming she got her G2 that day and took driver's ed AND got her G1 on her 16th birthday. 2. The age of consent to a sexual act (not including sodomy -which is ridiculous but this is neither the time nor the place for that debate) is 16 years old. Once you are 16 you can legally have sexual encounters with anyone who is less than 2 years younger than you (unless they are over 16 as well) or of any age older than you, unless they are in a position of authority over you (ie. a teacher or instructor). Given these two clear and obvious facts, even if she is on birth control because she's having sex, it's completely legal. The government has declared her able to consent to sexual actions, and just because her father doesn't believe her to be ready, doesn't mean she's not.

Wow. YDI for letting your dad ground you at this age.

So... your dad wants you to have unprotected sex and end up getting pregnant?

No, he doesn't want her having sex, and the fact that she went behind her back and did it anyway got her grounded.

HumansSuck 0

Why did you name your alarm? My alarm on my phone doesn't even have a name. It's not hard to remember what the alarm's for. I've been on birth control for over a year and I discovered I don't even need my alarm. My body's internal clock knows when it's 8pm now (time I take my birth control). (Sorry, this is off topic, I just think it's really cool that I automatically know when it's 8 o clock even if I haven't looked at the clock for hours. I'll get this feeling, look up at the clock, and it will be within 10 minutes of 8 o clock. I still use an alarm just to be sure though. I've never missed a pill) Anyway, you don't deserve to be grounded for having sex. It's your body and your choice, in my opinion.

ash528 0

I'm sorry, but does your dad really think he can ground you when you're of age and possibly already having sex? Too late dad, the deeds been done, and grounding an of age daughter can't really stop her from having sex. Just saying...

So many defensive people in these comment threads! People, her dad would probably know if she were taking BC for purposes other than having sex. Obviously he grounded her because he found out through her alarm so obviously she was hiding it from him. And why hide acne from your dad? I could see heavy flows being embarrassing though. Either way, YDI for being too obvious with the alarm.

strawberryswirl 0

Nope. I don't tell my dad shit about "woman troubles."

Hugorgy 0

Birth control can be used for multiple reasons, not just to prevent pregnancy. Your dad is a jerk for not discussing the alarm before grounding you.

AspiringSheCop 0

At least you were being responsible and having contraception...