Busted

By Anonymous - 13/07/2009 04:02 - Canada

Spicy
Today, I'd gotten home from dropping my boyfriend off when my dad said, "Your phone's been buzzing." I had a text saying, "You're grounded" from my Dad. My "Take your birth control" had been going off for a half an hour while I was gone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 032
You deserved it 31 873

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Okay your dad's probably an idiot. Seriously. Birth control doesn't always mean you're sexually active. If you're old enough to drive your boyfriend around (without an adult also in the car with you), you're old enough to take birth control for your own reasons. At least in my opinion. Plus, you weren't texting and driving at the same time. He should be happy about that.

So ... your Dad would rather you were irresponsible & fell pregnant? Is that what he's trying to prove? Fail Dad, Fail.

Comments

Adora_fml 0

Heh. I sure hope you managed to take your pill on time. But this is why even on my personal stuff, I'm obscure about my identifications. I keep very detailed information on everything, but anything that I wouldn't want anyone else to know about is written in its own code. Personally, I'd do the same to my children if I were in the same situation. (My family is very old fashioned, and all of the women of my mom's generation managed to keep their virginity until marriage. Even my aunt who was 28 when she married- which, even in my opinion, is pretty extreme. Which is our choice, and we're entitled to it. Even I'm a virgin. 24 and have been with my fiancee for 5 years now. I don't have too much longer to wait until we're married at least.) Buut it's good that you're at least being safe about it. How did you get the birth control in the first place without your dad knowing? Unless, of course, you're no longer a minor. Pshh. I feel bad for you, but at the same time, I feel bad for your dad. I mean, finding out that his little girl is no longer a little girl, you know? Times change, but we have to be sensitive to previous generations- especially the ones who brought us up and gave us everything that they had.

Your dad FAILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL Maybe he just thinks you're immoral for having sex, safe or not. He grew up in another time where sex wasn't as accepted.

There's still the possibility that she was using it to control her period. Seriously.

lexizlens 0

your dad is dumb. at least you being safe

FATTY_MCDOOGLE 29

lmao what kind of counter act is grounding against having sex? epic fail dad get a needle and some thread next time... atleast i assume you under 17 - 18 because i really dont think that anything below that is old enough to *****

just because the OP is in birth control doesn't mean she's having sex. what is wrong with parents today?

Miss_Jazzalyn 4

OPs dad has issues. Being on the pill doesn't equate having sex. I've been on and off it since I was 15 (I'm 21 now) - I've never slept with anyone. Besides, even if OP was having sex, at least she's doing it safely.