Demons

By Anonymous - 15/04/2009 19:45 - United States

Today, I was visiting my grandmother's house. She keeps the thermostat on 85 and after about 30 minutes I explained to her that, "I'm going to have to leave, it's just too hot in here." She replied, "You think it's hot in here, wait until you get to hell." I laughed. She didn't. FML
I agree, your life sucks 67 556
You deserved it 6 340

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wow nice grandma..lol but sry thats hilarious.

tell her in detail what you do to sexy men you like.

Comments

#64 you couldn't be any more appropriate hahahahah

#64 you couldn't be any more appropriate hahahahahha

I'm just curious why every statement ever made can be traced back to religion, no matter how far away it is from the subject. This post really had nothing to do with the poster's beliefs in God... yet it was still assumed that (s)he was a raging Atheist because (s)he giggled at his/her grandmother's seriousness. This, in all honesty, is why I cannot stand Conservatives (especially the ones who are open to arguing, and slamming their Bible-thumping ways into everybody's mind) and religion as a whole.

44: "I think Jesus, if he read this FML, would facepalm HARD. First, at Grandma's reaction. I mean, seriously, who tells a beloved one that they're going to hell with a serious face and tone? I'm sorry to #10 but that's just not right." Jesus warned people many, many times that if they did not repent that they would go to Hell. From Matthew chapter 13, Jesus is quoted as saying this: "Once again, the kingdom of heaven is like a net that was let down into the lake and caught all kinds of fish. When it was full, the fishermen pulled it up on the shore. Then they sat down and collected the good fish in baskets, but threw the bad away. This is how it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come and separate the wicked from the righteous and throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. " There are other passages where Jesus specifically tells people not to be afraid of warning their relatives about this, even if their relatives hate them for it.

wotchersarah 0

#10: You assume she believes in "Darwinism" and imply that there's either Darwinism or Christianity. Whatever happened to the religions of Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Zoroastrianism, Shinto, etc? ohkaaaaaay. And since when was Darwinism proved to be false? Natural selection is definitely fact... Also, op: where do you live where 85 is considered to be unbearably hot?

ChristianLasha 0

Lol, ouch. Don't worry, you're not alone- my grandmother has told me I was going to Hell before, too. Not exactly the nicest people at times, grandparents. Don't worry. She's old. You know what that means.

indian_goddess 0

ouch that must have been awkard. and whoa #71. God's a "jealous, bloodthirsty, misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal mass-murderer"? where the heck did you draw the idea from? the bible? i doubt God promoted any of that stuff...what happened in the bible happened because people are simply...messed up. and btw i guess God is 'homophobic' because honestly when you intend for something to happen one way, don't we get p.o.ed when it goes another way? with the whole creation thing...he wanted males here, females there so the human race could go on. it'd piss him off if there were **** ppl not promoting that. and there's nothing wrong with ppl with that orientation, but it's just not right that they're disrepesting the fact that humans were made guy and girl to continue life...

ohhhhshizzz 0

#46: cause most gmas are going through menopause, the changee. i wish i could go throuh that shit, cramps are a killer. @OP: time for the old folks home. question, why are you guys fighting so much about religion. you either have one or you dont. you either believe or you DONT. but this is something my mom has always told me, "I'd rather believe in God and find it out to be one big joke, and not to believe and find out that God exists." So that is what I live by, though I'm baptist.

Lol my grandma will randomly talk about the end of the world and the second coming...what is it with old people and that kind of thing?

ohhhhshizzz 0

oop typo in #81: or in the second to last sentence before not. =]