Demons

By Anonymous - 15/04/2009 19:45 - United States

Today, I was visiting my grandmother's house. She keeps the thermostat on 85 and after about 30 minutes I explained to her that, "I'm going to have to leave, it's just too hot in here." She replied, "You think it's hot in here, wait until you get to hell." I laughed. She didn't. FML
I agree, your life sucks 67 556
You deserved it 6 340

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wow nice grandma..lol but sry thats hilarious.

tell her in detail what you do to sexy men you like.

Comments

fortunecookie_fml 0

omg I just started cracking up in a quiet library. this was amazing.

Reminds me of my Grandma, she would put on a fire in the middle of summer, claiming to take the chill off.. Perhaps "hell" is great for old people.

Cantabguy 0

#45 if I understand you correctly, then if I were to call someone who is stupid 'stupid' I would be acting immorally. After all, I'm sure they would be hurt/offended by me saying that, which appears to be central to your definition. I don't think such a thing would be immoral, just impolite. Besides, making a sweeping generalisation is not going to offend any rational person. Were they to go up to religious people and call them insane for their beliefs, that still would only be impolite... What this boils down to is that we have freedom of speech, with the exception of hate speech, so the question becomes "Is saying 'Religious people are insane' hateful?", and I don't think it can be considered hateful. In my country at least, hate speech is that which 'intends thereby to stir up hatred', and this does not qualify as such. The poster is entitled to express their opinion, and is certainly not immoral for doing so.

wow, i'm pretty sure OP did expect this to become a religious debate.. WWJD people? =)

but then again i guess beliefs are too important for us not to speak up about them. the grandma was a little harsh..she could have been nicer about it. Then again, she could have been upset that OP was leaving after such a short time. Idk.

Cormophyte 0

Should have spit back "Judge not, lest ye be judged yourself, granny." Maybe I have too much pride, but being old and related to me gives nobody a free pass.

roundyswater 0

#56, You're right. I agree, I wouldn't go so far to call it immoral. Impolite, yes. But I still resent that, and I think it is a little intolerant. Of course he is entitled to his opinion, as a Libertarian freedom is my utmost concern. I was simply offended and I believe that if a religious person said that "all atheists are going to hell", more people would get angry with him/her.

kandy_fml 0