Door knocking

By firewait - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - Canada

Today, I gave my 16 year-old step-daughter and her friends a lecture on respecting other people's privacy. Two hours later, I accidentally walked into her room without knocking. She and her friends were giving each other bikini waxes. Now her friends call me "the hypocritical pervert." FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 640
You deserved it 80 871

Same thing different taste

Top comments

i'd be more concerned that her and her friends give each other bikini waxes

Well the pervert thing is unjustified, but seriously, you can't tell her off for not respecting other people's privacy and then just walk into her room without knocking. Just apologise to her and let it serve as a reminder for next time to think before you go in there. She's a 16 year old girl, be glad she wasn't doing anything worse when you walked in!

Comments

alyssamarie218 0

How do you "accidentally" walk in without knocking?

#89, I believe you're referring to me. Way to change your stance! If you say that kids have no right to privacy, you are saying that parents should be able to wander in and see them at any time, no matter what they're doing. What if the kid wants to ********** (you know, so they don't become a sexually repressed weirdo)? The parent should just walk in like the creepy stepdad from last week's FMLs? You shouldn't go around saying things like "they shouldn't feel entitled to privacy" unless you mean it! And I'm glad to see from your second post that you don't really. By the way, #143, you're awesome.

umm, wow #130 you're kind of dumb haha .. girls that wax generally get pregnant before marriage ? do you realize how many people get pregnant before marriage? waxing or none? my sister and my mom would be two of those people .... waxing/shaving can be a sexual thing or a comfort thing... personally i hate hair... and wish i didn't have any on my body i've never waxed anything but my eyebrows though cause i'm afriad of the pain but i can totally see me and a bunch of friends getting together and doing that (i'm 17) its not out of the ordinary but you're talking about him being hypocritical... how about you being prejudice?! get off your high horse.... btw to the poor guy that posted this story, i feel for you... my dad lives in a house filled with girls at all times.. accidents happen.. but privacy is key especially with teen girls/boys...

sorry i looked at the wrong # i meant 131 * my apologies to 130

pencilmustache 0

you should be VERY worried for your daughter. and her friends. that is nassstyyyyyy

"Today, after getting lectured by my father about respecting privacy, I decided to get together with my friends so we could give each other bikini waxes. About 10 minutes in, he barges in without knocking! Not only that, but he posted the story on FML for the entire world to see. So much for privacy. FML"

yes!!!! I love you!!!! you are ******* brilliant!!!