Door knocking

By firewait - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - Canada

Today, I gave my 16 year-old step-daughter and her friends a lecture on respecting other people's privacy. Two hours later, I accidentally walked into her room without knocking. She and her friends were giving each other bikini waxes. Now her friends call me "the hypocritical pervert." FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 640
You deserved it 80 871

Same thing different taste

Top comments

i'd be more concerned that her and her friends give each other bikini waxes

Well the pervert thing is unjustified, but seriously, you can't tell her off for not respecting other people's privacy and then just walk into her room without knocking. Just apologise to her and let it serve as a reminder for next time to think before you go in there. She's a 16 year old girl, be glad she wasn't doing anything worse when you walked in!

Comments

mkay **** you. goodnight i hate you

mkay **** you. goodnight i hate you

mkay **** you. goodnight i hate you

justforfun_fml 0

Yeah, seriously. Why the hell would they be giving EACH OTHER bikini waxes? Seems a little private to me... Looks like you might have something new to discuss with your stepdaughter.

LaLaLaurenn 0

i dont know whats worse, the fact that you walked in on them, or the fact that they were doing that :/ ew.

takemeaway10 0

Erm, don't any of you watch Fairly OddParents?? "I'm respecting your privacy by knocking but asserting my authority as your father by coming in anyway!" Bottom line: Knock first. If she doesn't say "Wait a sec!" or "I'm changing!", then go in. I won't call you a hypocrite, though; we all make mistakes. Follow the Golden Rule; it'll never steer you wrong! Still, as an elder, her mother, and the one who pays bills, you do have a little more leeway (sp) than your daughter. That's just the way it is.

that_guy01 0

chicks do that with each other. man, just a few steps away from a really interesting time.

hellion_fml 0

I wish my friends would wax me. Actually that sounds like a good idea, I'm going to see who's down for a wax party. I only shave, so I'll need someone to teach me!