Door knocking

By firewait - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - Canada

Today, I gave my 16 year-old step-daughter and her friends a lecture on respecting other people's privacy. Two hours later, I accidentally walked into her room without knocking. She and her friends were giving each other bikini waxes. Now her friends call me "the hypocritical pervert." FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 640
You deserved it 80 871

Same thing different taste

Top comments

i'd be more concerned that her and her friends give each other bikini waxes

Well the pervert thing is unjustified, but seriously, you can't tell her off for not respecting other people's privacy and then just walk into her room without knocking. Just apologise to her and let it serve as a reminder for next time to think before you go in there. She's a 16 year old girl, be glad she wasn't doing anything worse when you walked in!

Comments

I first read this and thought you meant Brazillian wax, but after rereading I don't see why they would call you a pervert, unless you stood there and stared or something. Their fault for not locking the door TBH.

I think #54 just might be dealing with some deep-seated issues... self-abuse is not "perfectly normal." Maybe all that privacy you had while growing up left you feeling a bit lonely. :(

OppositesAttract_fml 0

YDI, obviously. And to everyone who says that "kids don't need privacy", you don't know how wrong you are. My parents have never given me the privacy I deserve, and becuase of that I've gotten paranoia, EXTREME trust issues and I can't let anyone into my life. So, the point is: If you don't want kids like me who has no trust left in you and is scared to live their life, respect your children and their privacy.

You probably got hard, didn't you? lolololol. At least you're not related to her.

wow, people. the summer is coming up, and woman who DONT take care of atleast their bikini lines are ******* nasty. and guys who are saying its disgusting, how about when you see a chick in a swim suit with a shit ton of hair busting from their bottoms? yeah, i would think that'd qualify as much more disgusting. and have you ever tried waxing yourself? it takes balls to pull it off of yourself because you know how painful its going to be. yes, girls actually do it for each other alot. get over it, jeez.

I think everyone should stop telling the OP their version of the "correct" way to parenting. Especially the teenagers.

well, you accidentally did it. Most people forget things. It's human nature so everyone who says he deserved it needs to fall back. And your step daughter and friends are trashy for waxes each other's bikini areas...ew. Who does that? Go to a salon.

Are you the step-DAD? Sucks because it's true, you hypocritical perv.

i think this is silly that people are saying it's weird for peopel that age to have a bikini wax. it's normal. and also, some friends are close. my friends and i are close enough to do that. we have done that.