Dumb it down

By alejandro38 - This FML is from back in 2010 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I had an interview. I didn't get the job because apparently customers might not understand me, since I "talk too good." I just graduated with an English degree. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 901
You deserved it 3 584

Top comments

ArtIsResistance7 1

Maybe you offended the interviewer with your fancy jargon and flashy degree. Reach for new goals! Although, with an English degree, there isn't much hope.

zeebug 0

Actually, an English degree is very versatile. It can be used in almost all lines of work. It basically teaches you how to think well. You learn critical thinking skills, analytical skills, communication skills, and the ability to read and write well. All of the above are an important foundation for any career. The rest is just training, which most jobs do anyways.

Comments

2igutierrez31 2

that sucks. 19 whts wrong wth ppl talking in Spanish in ap english

1LL337 0

You probably don't want to have that job anyway

spartan_girl 0

that was my first thought too! I guess if the OP was looking for a job to pay the bills until he(?) could find a career-track job, then just about any job will do...

marie_yuh100 3

#7. well what do you mean that we are "turning" into Mexico? most "Americans" can't even speak Spanish. we "americans" don't have the government system they do. which mostly consists of government officials working with the mafia. yes, there is a mafia in Mexico. And just so you know, I am BILINGUAL and I know how to speak proper English and spanish. #18. Sabes como estúpida hicistes que te miraras?

Fun fact: you used incorrect spanish there. It would be "Sabes QUE TAN estúpida hicistes que te VIERAS" (miraras is technically correct, but its awkward as hell, como is just completely wrong). Its funny because if you think about it it proves your point!

I hope my english degree won't be as useless.

the_flirtt 0

I don't think that was the problem

JokeMeister 0

shouldn't have tried to show it off.