Gamergating

By Anonymous - 13/03/2012 02:04 - United States

Today, my grandparents visited. My grandpa kept getting off the couch and walking around to "stretch his legs." He kept kicking out my computer's network cable and messing up my game, smirking each time he did it. When I complained, my mom told me to shut up and show some respect. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 691
You deserved it 28 703

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you're mom is right, if your grandparents are visiting, you should be visiting with them not playing a freakin computer game

Comments

Sounds like he was trying to connect with you you spoiled little brat. If you were my child, I'd have taken the computer away

lizard399 0

You're an asshole of a parent.

33- wanting your kid to talk to his grandparents rather than play a game on his computer doesn't make them an asshole. It makes them responsible.

PYLrulz 17

And you are just a plain idiot lizard

lizard399 0

Calling someone a spoiled little brat makes you an asshole. Taking things away from kids while being insulting makes you also petty and childish. So if that's an idea of responsibility, well then I guess that's what comes from irresponsible people having kids. Point defended.

You, lizard, watch too much Dr. Phil and obviously don't have children of your own. People like you create the downfall of society because of your "parenting". I hope I'm senile before your child can affect anything. Lord knows I'm already trying to block from my mind people like you exist. Bet you're against spanking too!

I would not call my child a spoiled brat to their face but if he/she was acting like this then I would take their computer away too. Op should be visiting with their grandparents

78 - I agree with what you said up until the spanking part. I believe that there is no reason to hit a child. My parents never spanked me, but that doesn't mean I didn't learn my lesson to not leave the toilet seat up, or walk across the grass, or be respectful to others, or any other lessons. My parents and I now have a great relationship, whereas my friend who was spanked as a child doesn't even talk to her parents anymore. Obviously not all cases are like this, but this was my experience.

lizard399 0

I don't watch Dr. Phil, I'm just actually a nice person and would never be a controlling asshole towards my kid, which I don't have. So yeah maybe I don't know enough about parenting, but I do know our society is ****** in how we treat each other and maybe if you treated your kid with the respect you ask for things would change.

I'm totally grateful for my mother screaming, hitting, and depriving me of my prized possessions whenever I misbehaved, when you, lizard, are an adult you'll understand that when adults **** up, they get yelled at, beat up, or get shot taken away from them. Except it's more like freedom and rights more than computers and possessions, but adults get those taken away too. Teach your kid what real life is really like and discipline them.

Spanking children started s&m paedophiles.

Well then maybe you shouldn't be playing a computer game while there visiting. They came to visit not Watch you play a game.

FajitaFreak 3

And do what exactly? What is he supposed to do with them? Grandparents have nothing in common with this generation so there's nothing to talk about, nor would they be fit enough to do any sort of physical sport. There's literally nothing to do...

Are you kidding me?? Nothing? How about talk to them and learn from their experiences.

coletrain11 5

49- that comment makes you seem dumb as shit. Rude ass wipe.

29- if you haven't noticed, there have been like 15 comments exactly like yours BEFORE this comment. Be original, cause this crap gets annoying sometimes.

49- How about doing something they like? Or learning from the stories they tell. I used to go to my grandmas house ever weekend from Friday to Sunday. I let her buy me happy meals and take me to the zoo and talk about life. It made her happy so it made me happy. Now that she's gone I still have all those amazing memories to hold on to.

LaColombianita 26

That's a little harsh, don't you think?

Your grandpa must've had a blast teasing you ;)

darth1 18

If OP doesn't want to spend time with his grandparents why should he have to? I understand the importance of family, don't get me wrong, I'm just saying I don't think anyone should be forced to spend time with anyone they don't want to.

Because he is young enough to live at home, and young enough to run to mommy to tattle on Grandpa. Therefore, he doesn't know what is best for him, and needs to be told to visit with his grandparents before they die.

How did you get that he doesn't know what's best for him from he doesn't feel like spending time with his grandparents and lives at home? And if he's acting like this it's probably not like this is the first time they've visited/he's seen them, so technically he probably HAS visited with his grandparents before they died. If he doesn't want to spend time with them, he shouldn't be forced to. It'll just end up boring and uncomfortable for both him and his grandfather.

luisgm11 6

Yea if your grandparents are visiting try actually spending time with them instead of playing little games

You should of held the computer cable so he tripped.

starman02 12

Being a senior will be fun, you get away with everything ;) .. I think your grandpa was just annoying you because your reaction was funny. Leave the poor guy alone and respect your elders! :)

That is the funniest little profile info I've ever seen. Thanks for the laugh.

KVKdragon 26

I have respect for elders and all but the way that grandpa handled the situation could've been better. If the grandson isn't being social with his grandparents, they should actually communicate and ask the grandson to quit being antisocial. 2 wrongs don't make a right (with certain exceptions; this isn't one of them). And the mom shouldn't have taken sides either :( (thumb me down if you want, I don't care)

I completely agree with you, No. 41. If the grandpa was so desperate to spend time with the OP, he should have just spoken up. Instead, he acted like an asshole by repeatedly kicking out the wires and then smirking at the OP so that the OP would know it was deliberate. The mom probably realized this and was embarrassed that her child couldn't be bothered to give their guests his undivided attention. But honestly, I don't think this was about the grandpa wanting to spend time with the OP. I think he was offended that the kid didn't show respect by shutting down the game and got back at him by getting him in trouble with his mother in a classic passive-aggressive move.