Liar, liar

By skanula414 - 31/12/2014 19:00 - Sweden - Malm?

Today, I found out my 7-year-old daughter really did lie about my husband's "other girlfriend" as revenge for being grounded, and that he never cheated on me at all. We're well into our divorce proceedings and he won't forgive me for not believing him when he denied it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 433
You deserved it 49 752

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Guess if she is like this at 7, I wonder what she's going to be like at 14

1PersonIsMyWorld 22

Comments

Epikatz 22

I think the fact that she's divorcing her husband based solely on the accusations of a seven year old pretty much proves OP is not a reasonable person... so yeah. YDI. 100%

I feel like a lot of commenters are making conclusions without thinking them through. Most likely it wasn't just the 7-year-old's words that made her think there was cheating going on; the husband may have been pulling long hours at work and other things that are often cover-ups for cheating. Even though he wasn't cheating, it may have appeared likely that he was. And you'd be surprised how many kids reveal cheaters; my mom found out my dad was cheating because of me (now at the time I didn't realize it was what was going on - I was just telling my mom about the nice lady my dad took me to meet). Which brings up another point - she would likely have thought a seven year old wouldn't think to make up an affair. What kid lies about that over being grounded? I expect many of you would be calling her an idiot for not believing her daughter if this was "Today, I found out that my seven year old daughter wasn't just lying in revenge for being grounded; my husband really was cheating on me. FML" I doubt she took her daughter's word for it and just immediately filed divorce papers; there was almost definitely other circumstantial evidence that seemed very valid to her at the time.

A lot of man haters out there. Believe it or not everything isn't the mans fault.

You're the one making conclusions so the chick won't sound as bad as she actually is. If any of that were true, the FML would have been worded differently.

167 - Key word here is "circumstantial." She took a child's word, threw in some personal paranoia and a dash of random events, and called it a day. She failed to seek or assess any substantive evidence before starting a divorce. She's a hotheaded fool and undeserving of sympathy.

So basically you're saying the guy deserved it. That even though he actually didn't do anything wrong, it's still his fault for her not trusting him, accusing him of cheating, and wanting a divorce. What bullshit. Apparently it's up to the guy to constantly reassure his wife that he's not cheating every step of the way. Otherwise the default is that the guy is cheating, and you should demand a divorce to destroy everything you worked so hard together to create. To OP. If your trust is so difficulty earned and so easily lost, YDI. A relationship is suppose to be a partnership. Not a game of one person constantly jumping through hoops for the other to prove their commitment. At least you realized you're in the wrong. I hope that this is a learning experience for you, and that you're more trusting of your future SO's. I also know that divorces are shitty, and in that regard FYL. At this point I'd recommend you stop trying to make the marriage work (it's already irreparably broken) and just make the divorce as smooth of a process as possible.

How does a seven-year-old even get the idea to accuse her dad of cheating to annoy the mum? This must have been a topic of conversation in front of her before. So the mum is probably one of those paranoid jealous bitches who accuse the man of cheating if he comes home from work half an hour late without a written explanation from his boss. This also explains why she would believe the daughter so readily. She totally deserves it.

Next time check the facts before you break up with someone!

children are surprisingly manipulative, she may have seen this kind of story on a tv programme plenty show storylines of kids lying to get their own way, and if this is the first time your daughter has lied to you, you would believe her just imagine "mummy daddys got a secret girlfriend he told me not to say anything" you would belive your child especially as we do not know the history of this relationship it may have been rocky.

Well to believe your 7 year old daughter entirely over your husband, you clearly did not trust him fully anyway OP

you are an idiot. I'm sure you're husband will do better the next go around and your daughter is likely going to suffer for the rest of her life. Well done...

Are you really surprized that he won't forgive you? I wouldn't either. I hope he will never have to deal with you and your demonic child again. Not only you have ruined this man's life but you have also created a sociopath. Don't be surprised if one day you wake up to your daughter standing with a knife next to you, because you refused to buy her something.

if my 7yo daughter told me something like that about her own dad it would have me really rather concerned so I can kind of understand op but still it's a ydi for not letting your husband explain himself at all and not trusting him one bit because in the end it's still just a 7yo